Only 2 Freakin Gifts? Really SOE?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I just purchased more SC, on an account that got an email (two accounts still haven't received emails), so I could buy wings for my toons on another account. I already had a considerable amount of cash, on the account, so by adding the new cash I figured I could buy wings for all the toons that needed them.

I then switched accounts to see which wings would look best on each toon that was to receive them. When I was happy with the selections I switched back to the gift-giving account.

I got two pairs of wings sent off. When I ordered a third set I got a message saying my gift-giving limit was up for the day. I remember that gift giving, over the Thanksgiving weekend was horrendous, and this reminded me of why I was so angry and frustrated at SOE.

It's my freaking money! Between Thanksgiving, and today, I've shelled out around $500. For that I gotten endless frustration trying to get equipment, etc., for toons on my 4 accounts.

Obviously, SOE only wants us to have one account. I base this on the harassment I get from having more than one account.

It isn't like I wanted more than one account but, originally, we were limited to 7 toons per account. The second account was activated so I could switch materials, among my toons, easier, and to allow me more classes and races to play. Believe me, I didn't want to shell out money every month for a second subscription.

My husband did the same, so when he died, I guess I should have sacked his accounts, like I intended, but it turned out he had a bunch of fantastic LoN stuff and I hated to see it go to waste. I had the time to play two more accounts so I re-activated them.

But it has been nuts trying to do the simplest things with 4 accounts. It's going to take hours to buy wings, and gift them to the correct toons, at two per hour. I think I have 14 toons that need wings.

I'm having real problems with having to buy SC and then spend hours dribbling out gifts. I am just about to the breaking point with all your endless caps designed to waste time and make items useless. Frankly, you all are making Scrooge look like Santa. This game is supposed to be FUN. Please make it that way.
    santargria and Feldon like this.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

You might try calling SOE and asking if they can lift the cap temporarily since there's no danger of fraud. I dunno if they can do that, but they seem to be able to do all kinds of things with the marketplace, so who knows.
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

While I think two is a low limit, (probably based on $'s I guess) I'm pretty sure it's to protect you from someone else spending your money.
    But yes it would be frustrating. Maybe they could add a separate SC password for extra protection, like the child safe .. thing.
    Finora likes this.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

Why should there be a problem with someone stealing SC? Just for starters, it is like robbing a bank and having the money deposited in your account. Person A gifts to person B. Sony has records of the transfer. What's the problem?

Let's say Person A is robbed by person B, Sony takes away whatever person B bought and refunds Person A's SC.

Now it is possible that people could cause Sony headaches by abusing this but how likely is that? You'd have to leave the game running, while not around, or give out your password.

We all know people do share their accounts with others, even though it is forbidden, so that is the most likely reason why this would happen. But we can go into someone else's account and transfer all their other things too just by sending it to another toon on another account.

If someone is angry with someone else, and has access to their account, SC is just one small problem. Basically, it is the problem of the person who shared the account, not Sony, unless the person's account was truly hacked. Even then, SC is small potatoes because the hacker will have left his calling card as SC only buys you in-game stuff.

So why the limit? It really makes no sense except to slow down game play. It does that alright with the game crashes to desktop and character select; time wasted logging in just to find the "real" time limit hasn't been met (whatever that is).

I'm currently trying to find that out by periodically logging in to see when I can finally send 2 more gifts. I know it is at least an hour as I tried at 57 minutes.

All I can say about their "Happy Holidays" post is; "Bah, humbug." This is obviously NOT the SSOE season for sharing.
  5. Daray Well-Known Member

The cap is in place to discourage fraud (fraudulent credit card transactions on accounts and then laundered ingame). They had a big problem with that initially when they added the "gifting" feature. It's more to protect them than it is to protect you. Having said that, you can always try to contact the support team to see if there is anything they can do.
    Finora likes this.
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

It is forbidden to share your account? Why? O_O