ONE STAR!!!

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Stavenham, Feb 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

Wow, I'm flattered, truely! Some one took the time to go through all my posts and one star every single one that had not been rated yet.

Oh wait, it wasn't just me, he did it to several other people as well. Generally, these are people that have disagreed with him in the past.

Since I can't prove who I know it is, I won't say.

Basically he just wants to block out any good posts by us, so he can then come back and say we are mean spirited trolls that only tear down the boards by posting negative stuff.

Anyone that goes through a board, looking for posts by certain players to lower thier rating, which doesn't effect anything other then people with default settings don't see them is the troll, not the original poster.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

I get my share of 1 stars too man. My advice. Ignore them.

Most forums with rating systems have that problem. And the "1 star bandit" posts don't really help.
  3. ARCHIVED-Valkhar Guest

Tell me how your caring about a few pixels relates to the wizard subclass. Go play your violin elsewhere.
  4. ARCHIVED-Darien al'Staff Guest

I think he has every right to play this violen wherever he chooses. I don't care how much you dislike someone, that kind of behavior is childish and rediculous. Period.

Edit: *blink blink* I've got spelling mistakes. To be corrected in the morning. *yawn*
    Message Edited by Darien al'Staff on 02-14-2005 08:18 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

i have to agree i also recently had someon track down like my some of my latest posts and just one star the crap out of them. now i could think that they were just horrible posts but looking at them they weren't anything but idle facts. makes no sense. i wish they do away with the system. let the people build the reputation through the community, not the raiting system.
  6. ARCHIVED-Valkhar Guest

Turn off star ratings and quit letting PIXELS ruin your online life.

[IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-Telekinetique Guest

Yea, really, don't you have anything better to do than complain about nonsense?
  8. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

I dunno know about some of you, I was being pretty sarcastic. The fact tha someone wasted thier time to go through several peoples past post and one star them to prevent others from seeing them is laughable. Out of spite.

No I don't care about it, that's what makes it so funny, cause they obviously think it's important enough, and they obviously are petty enough to spend thier time doing this.

Message Edited by Stavenham on 02-15-2005 05:27 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Isengrim Guest

I can understand your frustration though, as little as it may be. You make a conscious effort to provide constructive criticism or feedback only to have some ub3r 133t SWG kid come along and try to make an [FAAR-NERFED!] out of you.

It doesn’t ruin my day when I get a one star, but it does tick me off that some child would “spit in my face” just because his opinion differed from mine.

My 2c

Regards,

Izzy : )
  10. ARCHIVED-RayneWaeter Guest

They didnt waste their time because you responded to their actions. They got what they wanted. You responded. People like that its better just to ignore them. Star ratings don't do any good and neither do they do harm.
  11. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

One stars do hurt in a way. The default setting is 2 stars. Posts with one stars won't be seen by that someone with the default setting.

Most of the posts, and it's not just mine, it's lots of people, are being one stared and these are posts that offer good information to questions asked.

So while I'm not personally affected by it, it stops the sharing of good information, advice or insites by new and old people coming to here with questions looking for answers.

Basically, this person is trying to sabatoges the forums from people being able to share information.
    Message Edited by Stavenham on 02-15-2005 07:49 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Willforce Guest

We should petition that the default settings be set to one star for all to see the posts and if they choose they could raise it to a higher level to filter them out. This would eliminate the problem all together.
    Message Edited by Willforce on 02-15-2005 07:49 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-RayneWaeter Guest

I dont understand how it stops sharing information.

I still see forum topics no matter what star level there are. And being good information is subjective to the viewer. Now maybe your hoping your topics will one day be be stickied but from I gather from the mods, star ratings does really nothing.

This is from a mod:

Unfortunately, no. But then I've never really seen the big deal about star ratings since they don't affect anything anyway. /shrug

"Enforcing the play-nice standard - one lock at a time."
    Message Edited by RayneWaeter on 02-15-2005 11:30 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

First, Iv'e never started a subject that is worthy of being stickied at the top, and don't think I every will. So it's not about that.

Second most of the posts one started where answering questions. It was an attempt to block out those posts from being seen. If you can't see the post, you won't get your answer. It's simple pettiness. And I'm not the only person they are targeting, it's many people. So I don't feel it's a personal thing, it's someone that hates the game, hates this forum and is just simply trying to cause trouble.

But if the mods themselves say that it doesn't work, well heck, who cares what some one with so much pettiness and bitterness does. if they spend all thier time one staring, then they aren't spewing forth their brand of hatred in posts.

So they are really wasting thier time since one stars aren't blocked by the default.

But I do agree the staring system must go.
    Message Edited by Stavenham on 02-15-2005 08:44 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Aaddr Guest

Think of it this way, Want a gold star? or a cookie?..... at least you got something right? =p Thats the way i would think of it at least, just like the upcoming patch.... least im geting something.
  16. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

lol those are going to be around anyways. but your right it could enlarge it even more one way or another. but it just depends on the situation
  18. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

Let me put it like this.

I don't care about one stars on my posts as a reflection of my view of myself.

The person doing this isn't singling out me. They are doing it under the impression that by one staring posts that anyone else will not see them. Because the default setting for seeing posts is 2 stars, meaning anything with just one star should be blocked out. However, it doesn't work. So it doesn't matter.

If it had worked as intended, there would have been alot of posts blocked out by people answering questions on this forum

Example: someone asks the question, Where do I buy the cat familiar spell.

Several people respond with the answer. But they get one starred, so the person coming back to see if anyone answered sees nothing because of his default setting.

However, the default setting doesn't work, so one stars are seen by everyone.

That is the idea behind the starring system. Those posts that have wrong information can be rated as such. But someone was using it to try and disrupt the board. However, do to things not working right, it backfired on them.

Cause regardless of my star rating, (3 for the record) It obviously doesn't stop me from posting here.
  19. ARCHIVED-RayneWaeter Guest

It matters not. if its you own ego then fine but this really doesn't belong in the wizard section.
  20. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

Yes it does, because the person is doing to wizards on in this forum.