In Progress One shots in Chrono Instances

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Goezer, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Goezer Master of Crayons

The one shot from trash mechanic's is back. May we please get this fixed again? Thank you
    [IMG]
    Rargo, Bakual, Kuulei and 9 others like this.
  2. KingDragon Active Member

Yup, this is more annoying cause now we can't even choose to ignore zones that aren't fixed becuase the Year of the Darkpaw is SENDING us to the broken ones.

Conservitorium -

[IMG]

So trash is doing it, and so far, EVERY type of trash mob, not just wisps, not just custodians, not just golems, not just the root whip mobs, ALL of them. Taled mentioned something about removing player abilities off the mobs, as in the mobs used to use player abilities? Also that some of the older abilities were based on mob stats so the boost is just exploding the damage values?

So far... after enough unnecessary and unpreventable deaths to just log out and go do something else, I've got two named down, both one shot me multiple times then started eating group members before I got back up to just eat more one shots....

[IMG]

Rangers and Assassin's would be proud...

Would definitely appreciate a Review and fix for this as this is severely affecting the Year of Darkpaw event right now, it's not just remnants of an expansion that was beta'd and not quite fixed.
    Kuulei, Aethos, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  3. KingDragon Active Member

Bikozan is essentially undoable, he one shots, then summons adds that also one shot, and stuns you so he can take his liezure picking one shot targets.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Kuulei and Twyla like this.
  4. Aethos Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity are you using the live event (year of darkpaw) free chronos when this is happening? Cause my impression was this was fixed (or at least I haven't run into it anytime prior to today) but maybe the the Year of DP chronos are breaking them.
    Kuulei likes this.
  5. Goezer Master of Crayons

Event ones
    Kuulei likes this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

It's not fully fixed in the regular chrono instances, either. It does, apparently, happen more often to people of specific classes - I have it all the time on my Guardian, but rarely see it when I run on the Beastlord.
    Kuulei, KingDragon and Aethos like this.
  7. Roddie New Member

I have this too on a Berserk. Happens alot
    Kuulei likes this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Vasty Deep Chrono was my first time I've ever even used the chrono bauble from this expansion... and.. is this what the regular chrono zones ones are actually like!?
    Hartay likes this.
  9. Roddie New Member

Had the problem with the free Chrono in "Tarew Marr research investigation vol41" quest. Used a bought crono also then able to complete the zone
    Kuulei, Kaladz, Goezer and 1 other person like this.
  10. Kaladz Active Member

The following abilities are still hitting for extremely large values

Zone: Vastly Deep: The Conservatory

Mob: a moss covered centurion
    Spell: Fruit Fight
    Hit for: 671,678,772,807

Mob a forgotten custodian
    Spell: Brush
    Hit for: 172,942,141,947

Mob: Riyadh
    Spell: Thuri's Doleful Thrust
    Hit for: 2,341,215,349,854
    Drona and Taled like this.
  11. Kaladz Active Member

Additional abilities.

Zone: Vastly Deep: The Conservatory

Mob: Bilkozan the Hungry
    Spell: Daro's Dull Blade
    Hit for: 1,829,266,214,169

Mob: Bilkozan the Hungry
    Spell: Thuri's Doleful Thrust
    Hit for: 1,434,929,337,823
    Kuulei likes this.
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I just ran Vasty Deep by consuming a purchased chrono bauble off the vendor in Splendor Sky Aerie, and I had very little difficulties soloing that zone with my healer mercenary. It took over an hour to complete because the bosses are tanky but I never got thrashed for 1.9 trillion.

It is absolutely the bauble provided to you with the Tarew Marr mission that impacts these mobs.
    Kuulei, Rattophaxe and Kaladz like this.
  13. Kaladz Active Member

This is happening with the new quest bauble for chrono instance Hold of Rime: The Ascent as well. It is definitely the quest bauble that is the issue.
    Kuulei likes this.
  14. KingDragon Active Member

15. KingDragon Active Member

16. KingDragon Active Member

17. KingDragon Active Member

18. Ratalthor Developer

We are working through fixing this issue. Please keep sharing info if you encounter it: character name, server, mob, and ability name.
    Kuulei likes this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I have found that using the 'free' chrono bauble in the quest window for vasty deep, is a major part of the culprit, it seems to mentor the zone differently than a purchased chrono bauble does. So, use a purchased one, it lessens the chance of one-shots.
    Killing 0 0.00 NaN 0 0 0 Death 0 10 0.00 NaN
    one-shotted 10 times and never finished the instance, there were 4 of us in the group.

Here are the culprits that I can see:
    Uproar 2,500,953,844,700 that happened twice.
    Snub 1,100,616,911,900 once
    Rampaging Blow 3,349,800,000,000 7,142,430,703.62 669,960,000,000.00 644,100,000,000 385,100,000,000 941,400,000,000 crushing 5 5 100.00 this is the biggest culprit, one-shotted me 5 times.

Looking at posts above me, just EVERYTHING hits overly hard and some just kill you dead out of the blue. It is guaranteed to one-shot you in these zones, many times, when you use the free chrono baubles that come with the Herald quests. Not sure why, but using the purchased bauble from the chrono merchant, has far less issues.
  20. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

The Free Chrono token from the quest will kill you, the purchased Chrono token will not.