Once again, users get in the dark and fed you know what

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-PlaneCrazy, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-sandracovert Guest

LOL - somehow the fact that the chat room is again moderated when there are 1000 angry people waiting to play doesn't surprise me... and they should have already updated us... we're over an hour and 17 mins past the scheduled downtime.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hyluvian Guest

Ugh...today's Friday the 13th....yay. No wonder everything's screwing up.
  3. ARCHIVED-Frippy Guest

Not only moderated again but the guide has slipped on a banana peel and lost his/her mind:

Jamlamin: Loki = Norse Mythology. Zeus = Greek Mythology
    Jamlamin: Mythology often makes me wonder which alien race visited so many people showing off the same abilites...
    Jamlamin: My bacon and eggs are ready. AFK a moment
  4. ARCHIVED-Zorash Guest

Actually it was changed to ALL SERVERS ARE DOWN (my emphesis).
  5. ARCHIVED-Yancius Guest

FWIW, there was an unannounced update around midnight on Nektulos server last night. Maybe they screwed something up then. I certainly seems shortsighted to have these things happen during high density days and just before teh devs take off for the weekend leaving us all in the lurch. Clearly SOE needs to give us the courtesy of an official updaye.
  6. ARCHIVED-PlaneCrazy Guest

Well, looks like the one chat room moderator they have is overworked. i mean, he/she must have said 4 or 5 whole sentances in the last hour (ok, just a little sarcasm there)
    Seriously, I think the people they get to moderate are nothing more then comic releif. 99% of the time they just joke with people and they have no real information to give us about anything that is going on currently. It's 12:18 Eastern right now, that's 9:18 Pacific, so the moderators SHOULD be actual SOE employees and not the Indian subcontractors they use for off-hours.
  7. ARCHIVED-Hyluvian Guest

You know what seems to get the moderator's attention? Name-calling and cussin at each other. :smileymad: Maybe if we do that, we'll get some kind of response. >.<
  8. ARCHIVED-Zorash Guest

They announced it in French on AB 45 minutes before the server was to go down. Didn't stay to see if it really was going to go down, though.

Lot of confused English speakers when they made the announcement in French.....lol
  9. ARCHIVED-sandracovert Guest

I'm not even sure that would work... SOE would have to care enough to pay attention and I don't think they do care.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dackfletch Guest

Lol ohhh yeah forgot today is friday the 13th!
  11. ARCHIVED-Olebass Guest

Just noticed that there was 13,000 users viewing the boards right now and not one update!
    Oh well, what is really concerning me right now is character select is VERY slow right now for me, never has been before.
    I hope that massive FPS loss isn't in the game to.
  12. ARCHIVED-PlaneCrazy Guest

The chat room moderator is going on about mythology and religion now... ROFL!
    I mean... can't they at least give these people a phone number to call in situations like this? Servers down... Moderator picks up the phone, call Ops or something and then they ask for a reason, or an ETA or ANYTHING to tell the thousands of pissed off subscribers why they can't play today?

How hard would that be?
  13. ARCHIVED-Malhabbock Guest

Where are you guys even seeing a message that the servers are down?
    Going to the Support Page -- where the Network Status button/link has always been in the past now shows a totally different page, with listins for multiple games. Under EQ2, if you select the "Scheduled Downtime" link you are provided with information about the servers going down on 12/8 -- yeah, a month ago.
    Maybe this is how they are enhancing my gameplay experience. While the servers are down, I have to quest and search out information regarding the outage.
  14. ARCHIVED-cada0310 Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Hyluvian Guest

-Twiddles thumbs...Checks watch....Twiddles thumbs again....Grabs a shot-gun.-
  16. ARCHIVED-Zorash Guest

try:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/network_status.vm
  17. ARCHIVED-PlaneCrazy Guest

Here's the network status page...
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/network_status.vm

You can also load up the main launch window (one where you pick the chat otion) and then hit update and it shows all the servers down excpet for Guk which has been locked for like an hour now. Obviously they seem to be doing some testing/work there.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dackfletch Guest

Maybe this is how they are enhancing my gameplay experience. While the servers are down, I have to quest and search out information regarding the outage.
    LMAO to funny!
  19. ARCHIVED-OmegaSoldier2k5 Guest

lol and i cant even get into the general chat now because its full. seeing as how i dont speak german or french i dont really have any other options.
  20. ARCHIVED-Olebass Guest

Dunno about others but I just entered Najena, it is up.