Once again, I beg for help...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Griffon Lady, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

If any one else is interested in the housing items sold by the merchant Sumixum the Arena Master, please head to the bug tracker and vote that they fix the bug that keep his items locked. (BTW, the ONLY item in the game that makes a room darker is the Shifter)
    Please add your vote!
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-327

There are a few items he sells without restriction, but the problem is the items requireing wins/kills are not unlocking when a player gets the wins kills reuired.
    I'm not sure if the score keeper is not working, or if it's resetting, or if the program that is supposed to connect the two is broken, or what.

I've /bug reported this for years (started in 2006, might have been 2005) and I've petitioned numerous times. The replies I received basically boiled down to "We have no current plans to fix the issue".

The part that blew my mind was when I suggested they move the items to other merchants and remove the wins/kills requirement... I as told they would not because they were meant to be a goal for players...... I was OUTRAGED! How are we supposed to reach a goal when it's broken and they have no plans to fix it?!?!?!!?!? The backwards logic just hurts!

Also, there was a bug report about the pet arena on the bug tracker, but someone marked it as resolved, and it is just as broken as it ever was. (I just finished working up to 25 wins about an hour ago.) -.- What is the flippin POINT of the bug tracker if they mark things as fixed when they are still broken? Glad they aren't my mechanics. -.-

so please PLEEEEEASE!!! I beg of all of you, vote for this issue to ACTUALLY be resolved. /..\

(I know, I know... I'm a bit overly passionate on this subject... but you could fill a novel with the bug reports, petitions, BugTracker reports and comments, conversations in game, etc... just from people who seemed to want the issue fixed, including my typing away. I mean come ON already... 6 years or so waiting for them to fix this?!?!?!!? Who wouldn't be POed, particularly after the supposed work being shown on the bug tracker before and the absolute lie that it was resolved...)
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

Sadly, I think you're just highlighting that some of the gnomes care more than others. If there's one thing I've learnt, it's that there's very little point tilting at windmills. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

And that is why things don't get done. :\ People just give up and only post to try and get others to give up. (No offence, but every damn suggestion I make on forums just gets hit with hopeless and negative comments... Like, another thread I was saying open server travel would be better, and someone is trying to tell me it's impossible because it's an 11 year old game. DAoC was released in October 10, 2001 and it managed to pull it off, but they ignored that comment and continue to insist it's impossible because EQ2 is old, continued to say we're lucky it's not closed down and we should be happy with what we have... BS! Nothing EVER improves when people are so damn give up!!! Hitler would rule the world if no one fought back! Women would still be expected to be seen and not heard in all countries and treated like possessions. Vaccines would never have happened!

-.- Giving up is NOT what people should do! Not even on little things. Giving up on little things sets a pattern to give up on bigger things.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

I voted for it. I too would like the house items.
  5. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I put my vote in also. :)
  6. Laiina Well-Known Member

If they can't fix the vendor, at least make the items available in some other way.
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Thank you! You both give me hope. ^_^

Kaitheel said there were some changes coming to the loyalty merchant, so hoooopefully the items will show up there. /crosses fingers
  8. Seefar Well-Known Member

I admire your spirit. However:

... if you've been banging on about this for ten years, nothing you do is going to change anything.

Me, I've been banging on for years how SoE, and now Daybreak, absolutely refuse to address the ridiculous situation where they insist on announcing the time that the server will go down in terms of PST (Pacific Standard Time) instead of simply giving a time UNTIL it goes down. I view this as a ninsult to all their paying customers all over the world. But, no matter what I think, They clearly have some bizarre parochial idea that what they're doing is right, and it's obvious it's never going to change.

Some things you just have to accept, or you go completely and utterly blabadeteneodeoiy.
  9. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Just because it hasn't been fixed or addressed for years doesn't mean that it won't ever be.

People have been asking for triangles ever since building blocks were introduced in 2011. It was even mentioned in a livestream a while back. This year, Kelvani and Holly Windstalker are just chilling on the new TLE servers when Kelvani mentions that decorators would really love triangles. Guess what we have now? That's right. We have triangles.

OK, so that was only 4 years, and Griffon Lady's bug is 9 or 10 years old. How about this one then?

Remember the Feerrott Climber froglok skin? Remember how it had that one side where the coloring was just off. It was bugged, and it stayed bugged for years even though people repeatedly complained about it and sent in bug reports.

Last year, I started a thread complaining about how off-putting the asymmetrical coloring on the pattern was. I was mocked mercilessly by forum posters who obviously failed the part of biology that covered bilateral symmetry, or maybe they just failed biology all together, Who knows? Anyhow, the post was seen by the right person who put the bug in the right ears. That particular skin had been bugged for well over 9 years, ever since Frogloks were introduced to the game. People were like, "It's never gonna be fixed. Stop complaining!!!!1!!!!1111"

Loot at that Feerrott Climber skin now. It was fixed within a month of my thread being posted.

Just because the bug's been around since arenas have existed doesn't mean that it won't ever be fixed, but it takes people to point it out and say, "We care about this. Fix it, please."
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I used to bug SOE for flying mounts. They said it was impossible. they had a list of reasons it was impossible.
    Now we have the freedom of flight! (And I LOVE it!)
    I also used to bug them for portable crafting stations.
    I joined in on the Duckmount gaggle. ^_^ (And I happily own a full set of duck mounts! ^_^)

Don't give up! Not even on the little stuff! Particularly if it's something others will enjoy too!
  11. Seefar Well-Known Member

Alright, already. I'll try to keep trying, too... though I'll need folk like you to remind me once in a while that it's worth the effort.
  12. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Don't whether it will help or not, but I've added my vote to list ;)
  13. Eliohia2 Active Member

I threw my vote in there too.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

We cannot give up on our dreams period! Never stop trying. Today we have a bug tracking/improvement request system where others can now vote if they feel an item is important to them. We never had a tool such as this were we could VOTE. I asked for flying pigs for years guess what happened yesterday??? We got 2 flying pigs on marketplace!!! No it wasn't a powder pink pig with fluffy pink pegasus wings but I got a flying pig!!! The one I got wiggles its butt like a really happy puppy!!! I will go vote on this item too Griffon Lady. We stick together as decorators and we can rule the world muhahaha! :)
  15. bugs New Member

vaccines OMG they are poisons with no purpose but to make money and to harm us they should NEVER have happened you better do some serious research:eek:
  16. Taysa Well-Known Member

You're an idiot.

PS: I'll throw my vote up once I figure out how. Figured out how. Voted.
    flameweaver likes this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

this was fixed earlier this year and i was able to get them all. is it broken again? voted for just in case it is
  18. suka Well-Known Member

ok i am not sure why you think this is broken. I went in on two toons and made an arena. i proceeded to kill one toon 100 times. you need 100 kills to buy reaper. this meant 10 wins. it takes 10 kills to make a win. at the end of 100 kills, i was able to buy reaper on a toon who could not buy him at the beginning of this experiment.

earlier this year i maxed this on another toon and i have every one of the arena pets and i also have the banners and trophies.

it is not broken. please realize that it will not keep up with your wins, you need to do that. but if you go to the vendor outside he will allow you to buy the items you have enough wins and kills for.

btw, if you are on Maj'dul you will find all of these in the Take a Penny, Leave a Penny dungeon and also on fyuri's broker - i sell them cheap
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Seefar like this.
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I've had odd bugs that only affected one account or one character (like the goblin bug was only affecting my assassin/tailor)
    Is any one else available to test the arena? Maybe it's my account or one of those buggs that only affect some people?

Let me know if I did any of this wrong, please? (Last few times I tested the arena, this was how I did it due to the one "trick" I have heard was to not leave the arena till you reach the goal amount of wins/kills.)
    I made a match (death match, 10 kills, 30 seconds between matches)
    I entered on 2 accounts, opposing sides.
    I used the Kingdom of Sky map.
    I killed the alt account 10 times till the match was won
    I continued to the next match from the popup window on both accounts and repeated until I'd won 25 times.

Did you do your matches any differently? Any suggestions? /..\
  20. suka Well-Known Member

i left plenty of times. i even crashed. i didn't bother with anything other than making sure i had more than one pet on each for avatars. i went with defaults on death match and maps.

when i won, it wouldn't let me into the arena unless i changed avatars, but i found the best one for killing was the frost mage. so i would switch avatars on the one i was killing, but on the one that killed i would switch, then switch back real fast. that way i was allowed back in.

anytime i left the arena- like to check my scores, i always left the one being killed in the arena to keep it open. and i always made sure i had the right avatar up before going back in. it took me 3 days to get shifter - which was my goal.

if you think it could be your toon, try a different one. or let the other account do the killing. i could test a heroic on your server if you need someone to help you check it.