OMG I'm a newbie again!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Kittypoo, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kittypoo Guest

[p]Just popped in to EQ2 after 1 1/2 years away. Everything is different!! It's like learning a whole new game again. Starting fresh. I love it.[/p][p]/waves to all the other newbies[/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Bloodbane Guest

Welcome back to the game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Armondpb Guest

SAME HERE!!!! welcome back!
  4. ARCHIVED-Ziann Guest

I am in the same boat, been away for over a year and now I am coming back.
  5. ARCHIVED-FairysTear Guest

[p]Same here. Started playing on the day the game went live, played for about a month and then went back to EQ1, I just got back.[/p][p] [/p][p]Omg is it ever different, I Feel like a complete newb. I am having so much fun this time tho . I even started a new char to try a Fae just to mess around. I figured I would make her my alt and play her when I got bored of my higher level Illusionist ( high elf) . Well now my little wizzy is getting close to level to my illusionist and I have only played my illusionist once. I just love the Fae. The only silly thing is when I did play my Elf I kept falling and getting hurt as I am not used to worrying about fall damage anymore as Fae float LOL. So I run off a hill looking for a mob or something thinking npnp and bam damage and my health bar goes yellow LOL. [/p][p] [/p][p]Now to figure out how to steal my elfs house and horse /grin[/p][p] [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Ziann Guest

What server are all of you AGAIN newbs playing on. I am looking for a server to play on where I can know someone right away lol
  7. ARCHIVED-FairysTear Guest

Blackburrow here
  8. ARCHIVED-Ziann Guest

Duh I should have looked at your sig. I think it would be good to get all of us EQ2 again players on the same server
  9. ARCHIVED-Jixx Guest

[p]:)Welcome back guys / gals![/p][p]I'm sure you will find a lot has changed. I recommend (when you get time) going thru the archives of Live Updates. You will learn alot from them and will educate yourself about commands, options, Norrath in general and user interface options.[/p][p]Good luck and I'm glad old peeps are returning. Shows signs of better thangs to come. [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-FairysTear Guest

[p]Ziann - npnp its friday , not a day to have to think :)[/p][p] [/p][p]Jixx- OMG not just the live updates but any F&Q I can find, any site I can read LOL. Its funny but there doesnt seem to be near as much info out there for EQ2 as there is for other games. I have like 5 links for info sites for Eq2 and about a Meeeeeeeeeeeellion for other games :lol: . I try not to bother my high level friends nonstop and drive /ooc chat nuts with questions, but some days there seems so many questions and no way to find the anwsers. [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Armondpb Guest

[p]Come on Lucan DLere =D[/p][p]Add me on your frineds[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] Zoli [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Jixx Guest

[p]Aye if you go thru these forums you will get more accurate info than third party sites (they are often opinionated).[/p][p]If you come to Mistmoore server I can help also. I'll also help get you some collection items to level your toon a little faster.[/p][p]Name is Conj or Meddic[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Allisia Guest

My wife and I just returned to EQ2 after 15 months away. Looking through all the LU/GU that took place while I was gone really helped me get a feel for what has changed. We're loving the game, and I wishing we hadn't left. The DoF rebalancing really bummed me out, but a year later I can't remember how much my character was changed by it, so it doesn't matter now. :p When I think back over the MMOs I've played, some of my favorite elements of all of them are unique to EQ2. I love questing, Heritage quests in particular, and no game I've played does questing as well as EQ2. I also missed harvesting, shinies in particular. I liked trade skilling before, but wasn't a fan of subcombines/intermediate recipes. I absolutely love the trade skill system, even though I go through roots faster than a mole on crack. We're back and we love it. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Ziann Guest

What faction did you guys go with???
  15. ARCHIVED-Kittypoo Guest

[p] [/p][p]I am still looking for a server to call home. My original main is on Unrest and I will keep her for the apartment and dragons, but I doubt I will play her again.[/p][p]I tried Butcherblock last night but it wasn't the right place for me. Maybe an RP server? I like a little roleplay, but not 24/7. I like to be my character without writing a book for every action I make :p I don't do PVP because I die all the time. I'm not a raider but I like to talk to people, in character and out. Where does that leave me?[/p][p] EQ2: Phayd, lvl 48 wizard (retired)[/p][p]Newbie..... bard? yeah... that's the ticket :) Oh wait.... cleric? *grins*[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

I'm an 'EQ2 Again' player! I played Vanguard for a couple of days last week BUT I'm back now. I wish I had never left but the game is pretty much the same o_O
  17. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Hmmm....I suppose you will be wanting your stuff back?? ;-)
  18. ARCHIVED-Ja'chyra Guest

[p]Hey all.[/p][p] [/p][p]I just resubscribed to station access, that means I can play both EQ and EQ2 right?[/p][p] [/p][p]My cunning plan was to play both for a while and see which I prefered, cunning or what? :p[/p][p] [/p][p]Anyway, I just logged onto EQ2Players and see my old character, it was called Aeil and was the one that turned into a lion, can't remember much at all, lol.[/p]