Old timer looking to make a come back..

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Qcmagican, Sep 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Qcmagican Guest

Hey guys, I used to play back when lvl 70 was caps and I was looking to come back
    because i've been missing the old raiding days. I still have the 10 cds to download but i've downloaded
    the one on the site. I would like to have the full experience of eq and not have locked stuff.. I want to be up
    to date. Maybe there's a link ?

Thanks !
  2. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Qcmagican wrote:
    Get the Station Launcher (tm) and run all downloads from there for any and all updated retail builds. You should be able to grab that link from the SOE page or the EQ2.com page or maybe even in the Tech forums on this page. If that fails, but I doubt it will, you can try google.
  3. ARCHIVED-Qcmagican Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    Alright thanks alot Koleg, I see there is also expansions needed to have the full experience.. I will check it out
  4. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

There's a new expansion in the works so you might want to wait and see if one or both of the current expansions get cheeper or even free after it's released.
  5. ARCHIVED-Qcmagican Guest

hexalobular wrote:
    Actually Hex, I don't mind paying the expansions.. I don't feel like waiting till november to get the full experience.
    It actually gives me time to catch up to the caps lvl atm. Good idea though for someone who's not in a hurry.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Destiny of Velious includes all EverQuest II content released up to that expansion, including the base game, all three adventure packs and all seven expansion packs available at that time. This will get you everything you need up to level 90.

Age of Discovery is the eighth expansion. It gives you Beastlords, mercenaries, leveling to 92, AA to 320, reforging (you can adjust stats on your weapons and gear), tradeskill apprentices, and the Dungeon Maker system.
    Get DoV, and you'll be good for a long while. Or if you want th MOST current RIGHT NOW, get DoV + AoD.
  7. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Not really!
    DoV contains DoV, period.
    All the expansions before DoV are included in/with the base game, all free.
    It makes no real difference to someone who is planning on getting on buying DoV right off the bat, but it's an important distinction for someone who wants to try out the game before spending a lot of money or someone just starting out who might want to wait and buy DoV when they'd leveled up a bit.