Old returning Player

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Shamgrau, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Shamgrau New Member

Currently, I'm on a mission to get my very old account back, though like many others all the years and various e-mail accounts used since, it's likely an impossible task. Something about the game that was always fun was just leveling up, and experiencing the world (such as that Epic Maj Dul quest line). Raiding was never a priority, as I would frequently come back to the game with others, enjoying the heroic quests, AA exp, regular expng and so on.
    But a concern is since making a new account, I see that there are boosts to level 100, and even max AA points.

Is it possible to actually get into this game for the game again, or is it only about raiding/max level mostly now?

I was hoping to either join a clan, or bring in old friends as many of us have been looking for -any- game to get into, where there's fun just playing, as opposed to getting max level to "begin playing" & interacting with other players.

This post jumped around quite a bit, but I appreciate any feedback.
  2. momzplay2 New Member

Hey there. Apologies for the time in not responding. With holidays coming up, and in game events, and prep for the new xpac, things have been busy!

I am hopeful that you are able to get back your original account. It would make things fun to "pick up where you left off" BUT things have changed. A lot!

That said, starting a new toon isn't hard, and leveling (even without purchasing boosts for adventuring/crafting) isn't as slow as it used to be. You may, however, find yourself soloing in many of the lower zones as the game is quite old and very top heavy. If you have a few friends who wish to join you, you will have a good bit of fun working your way up.

I would also suggest that you log into the different servers that remain at the time that think you would play. Halls of Fate and Maj'Dul seem to have a pretty fair amount of folks on. Antonia Bayle is also still going strong, and, if you are a paying member, Time Locked Servers (TLS) that are available. (Look for info on the forums for the most recent TLS as they tend to have the highest number of players.

You can press 'U' to find guilds that are recruiting, and many that are happy to help folks who are just starting out or returning after having been away for a while.

We are fortunate to have lots of great helpful folks in the game, and the wiki continues to be updated (not with everything, but more than enough to help find your way).

Best of luck to you. Be sure to have fun!
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

If you're primarily interested in grouping and lower-tier content, then the Varsoon TLE server would be your best bet. That said, there is a new expansion coming next week (Renewal of Ro on November 30th), but there's no level cap increase. If you go the boost route and haven't played the game for a while, all I can suggest is prepare to be overwhelmed, and search for a guild that is newbie friendly, willing to help you over/around the various speedbumps and roadblocks you're going to find.