old player recently returned, need advice

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Mimir, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Mimir Guest

Hey folks,
    I just started playing again after a few years hiatus (left before feydwer came out), and thought I'd give the game and my Warden another go. He's level 60, and I picked up SF, so I'm up to speed with all the expansions. I've been trying to refamiliarize myself with the game mechanics but a lot has changed, even more so with SF, since there seems to be a lot of conflicting posts about whats best.
    I've reviewed the AA and Gear FAQ threads that wclarry posted, but with the warnings at the top, I'm not sure how much I should be following there. From what I've read across the forum, the consensus seems like I should be focusing on Wisdom as my main (only?) stat now, and I should be working on melee AA's, but I was hoping there was a guide that was still relevant that might give advice on which AA's to focus on first, etc. I used to be a fairly hardcore raider back in the day so my gear is dated but probably not too bad for the level, but as it is I'm going to have a hard enough time learning to play again. :)
    I also have a level 70 Ranger, level 65 Wizard, and level 58 Berserker, but I figured working on the Warden first would be a good way to ease back into the game... plus I've heard that Rangers are pretty messed up now, so not sure if I want to start off with a class that is having issues.
    Anyway, barring an updated guide, I'd sure appreciate any advice that you can offer!
    Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

I am in the office now and cant look into my AA.
    WIS now is indeed your main stat. Well WIS was always our main stat. 2nd stat is STA and 3rd is INT. Once you are in T8/9 the items will solve this on their own, because they are clealy designed for certain archetypes.
    Besides that look for crit chance, potency, ability mods, casting timer and reuse timer on the items. Those are the main for us. WHile leveling take what you can get. Later in T9 you will know how to balance those. For example its useless to spec for 100% crit, because almost any group has a crit buffer and that would bring you abvoe 100%. This is an example for wasted specs. Better then get some potency or reuse timer...
    Get your fabled epic in T8. The wepaon IS class definig for wardens. In T9 you ll be able to turn the weapon into a buff spell. Without this wepaon/spell you are at 50% ot the true wardens potential.

We got AA mirrors in game. So AA spec is not written in stone. You may have a solo profile and a grouping or raiding profile stored in the mirror. Personally i think grouping and soloing is doable with the same profile. I just switch stances. If you raid, you ll have to find your own setup that fits you and your raid group. You cant mess with it, since the first few respecs are cheap. Rule of thumb is: Spec heals, buffs and anything that supports melee dps.

While leveling the best is to turn all your casting spells into combat arts. Then the STR line to get the 40% heal proc and the additional combat art. The the AGI line for the reuse and the STA line for crits. To fill up to 70 to gain access to the last line i spent 1or 2 points into INT to get another combat art.
    The shadow AA is rather selfexplaining. In the end fill up the cures to reach 170 AA to unlock the last line. There get your two stances.
    SF is quite self explaining too. Once at 250 AA you have enough AA to spec all the goodies including some of the dps abilities.

Since your warden is a veteran i suggest to level slow and work for AA. Wardens need the AA a lot to be what they should be. 200 AA at 80 is not to much ;) My warden is a verteran too. I was 58 when KoS and AA was introduced and i had to grind a LOT AA. Its worth it.
  3. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Pick up an AA mirror and reset your AAs. Make a melee spec for soloing and another spec for healing. Swap back and forth as needed.