old,new, reborn? *UPDATE*

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by ARCHIVED-boubin, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-boubin Guest

Hello everyone,
    I am yet another returning soul; this time for approx 2 years; that would like to return. I played EQ2 from the beginning hardcore all the way up to the end of the game at the time Darathar. Then lost guild from under me who all moved servers so I quit. I came back and this time loned it and found a friend who I played well with this was around DOF time but then I had to go into the hospital for a very extended time and when I got back he either went back to eq1 or just left. I played on and on for alittle while longer missing tons of contents and not doing much raiding after T5 other than the simple ones for heritages like ones in SS.So I missed a lot, I eventually got bored and left.
    Well I would like to return but before I even pay out the money for the expansions and get setup I was hoping to find a guild(home)who would accept me right away. What I am after is to have fun and see all I have never seen before. I have full dedication and can give atleast 2 hours a day to the guild on normal days and when there is an event like a raid 10 hours. Which hours does not matter; I live in Ca but will be on whenever needed.
    Other than BL I will play any character however my preferences are Wizard first and then warlock. Reason being is I have so much more experience with those two classes even though they are so outdated. Idon't care if I have to be a a standin for a standin for a raid as long as I get to a chance to see more of the game. I do have experience with other classes just preAA.Those being templars when they were OP gods during T5 era, fury to 50 , warden to 40, ranger to 50, conj to 30ish , necro to 45ish, serk to 30ish , monk to 30ish. But as I said I prefer wizard even if it means being the alt of an alt. How ever if there is a real need for the guild in need if a certain class i will do my best to learn every nuance of that class through talking to guildmates, reading eq2forums, reading flames, zam, TTT,playing the hell out of it and any other resource guild can help me with.
    I don't mind following or leading when I can. I have run many people through writs, normal quests, heritages and signature quests and even a few raids (again pre T5, no real help..mostly just joosting). So I doubt I will need to be running many people through anything unless you have other low players or have alts who are busy and need to afk af for awhile.
    Now the big dilemma, I will be starting from scratch, I havebeen away so long old characters, loot, rare, etc are gone. That does not mean I will be a begger for anything. Anything I gain will be by my own actions either through directly or people generously thinking I did well enough to earn something.
    Last side note I have crafted extensively, to the point I have had every tradeskilll maxxed when they were 50. This started when there was still full dependancies in crafters. Heck couple of the things I miss most when losing old account was Deak's bracelet and bag. Remember those?
    Anyway I can be chatter which might annoy some but I can assure with voice I am migthy reserved.
    So if I have any qualities you think mightbe worth looking or have any question will answer anything. Thank you all
    ----------
    **ADDED AFTER UPDATE**
    I haven't gotten much attention at all so I thought I would clarify a lot. First thank you Finora for the only public inivite. But I have another casual want but wont be a deal breaker and that be it be a Guild from Innothule/Crushbone. Even through this game barely matters to latency it does matter and that server is by far and away the best latency there is for me. But if I can't find someone from there so be it.
    Next to answer that did come up yes my account did get bonked. Happened to a friend when the servers merged and it seems when the servers did whatever they did with the eq2 to eq2x and merger has broken mine. I know for a fact I lost my main class which of course was a wizard because they do not show up in eq2players or the alt DB. Since I focus mostof my time on a single character aside from crafting this means a fresh start which is both good and bad. I can be whatever class you need to help out in groups and raids. If no class matters then I will stick to wizard and just hope to make it into a raid once in awhile.
    Next I am looking for a guild which doesn;t only do endgame raids but still does older raids because say people missed them, to experience new things and alt gear andor AA.
    Next I do not do facebook, twitter or AIM/ICQ kind of crap. I will do email and voice I think is amust for coordination ingame for some situations. I would prefer the ingame voice because comp isn't great so every little program means more throttling settings down but I will do it for the good of the guild.
    If it isn't clear I want to help a guild , be something no matter how small and just want some fun and adventure. The game could have my full dedication, if that sounds like someone you want to give a shot to please say so.
    Thinking about maybe going ahead and just purchasing all the updates and getting going with the hopes of finding someone. Could hurt me in a real world finacially but mightbe worth it. That way I coulld also level some so I could atleast get to level 10 so I can get writs(?) and AA points. Problem being no idea which character to choose. Like I said I like to focus on one character not one of those players with six or seven max'd. Cafting used to be the opposite I would have level 1s and 3s adventure wise but full level crafters but I dont know if that is me anymore. Maybe just one character who is full in both aspects. Again unless there is something I can do to help a guild out. Well anyone if anyone wants to give me a test run I will be around.
    ta
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Just to make note, your old characters should all still be there on your old account unless you deleted them (and you could log right back in and start playing at least some of them).
    Otherwise, I've definately got space in my guild but I'd classify us as very casual and small.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lieni Guest

The guild I belong to on Crushbone is very relaxed and friendly.. good people are always welcome. We have a wide variety of schedules, but group up when possible. Not a huge group anymore, but I've had a great time since I started playing last year. If you want to check us out, PM me and I'll send details. :)