Old New Player Looking for Help/Advice/Guidance/something!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Trensharo, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Hi, I played EQ2 for like... a few weeks back in the day during the Living Legend promotion, or something.
    Today I went to GameStop and seen they had some boxes of the new expansion, and decided to buy one and resubscribe.
    I think my character was level 23 when I stopped playing.
    At the risk of sounding somewhat contradicting... I'm playing WoW atm and looking for something a bit more challenging (I'm not really the alt-type, so I only have one character). Issue is that I can't seen to find any decent information IRT where to level and stuff like that. Not a hand-holding "cast this and then that" type of thing, but a general "Level X - Y, go here, Level Z - Z^2 go here, etc." sort of thing.
    I've only ever played Necromancer class in MMORPGs, but I've noticed a lot of negative rhetoric on these forums. Is it a bad idea to pick this character back up, or should I evaluate my options?
    Also, is Antonia Bayle still full of people who don't talk to you unless you break your vocal chords trying to talk Elvish, or is there a group of friendly people on the server (maybe other "newer" players to group with?) that I can hook up with (in case anyone knows, this is not a server forum and I'll prolly go there after I press Submit... 3-2-1...........
  2. ARCHIVED-StPatrick Guest

For information about where to level (quests, zones, etc.), see this Soloing timeline and Heroic timeline (for groups).
    As for AB server - this is a Role Playing server, so that's explains why people to tend to take it in-character. I'd suggest you to ask in Server forums for such information and not in the class - not everyone will understand this anyway :) For example on my server (Splitpaw), you will not find many friends if you'll start talking anything except Common/Human :)
    As for Necromancer.. People always negative at what they have and jelous at others can do. If you like Necros - play it. I, personally, love Necromancer's class. But I also like other classes as well. Well, tbh, Necros are not THAT welcomed on raids swashies, wizzies, warlocks, etc. will always be preferred. If you are aiming for high-end raiding, than you probably picked a wrong class :( Get a wizzy (and switch to warlock at 90) or swashy or dirge - those are most popular nowadays.
  3. ARCHIVED-BLIGHTBRINGER Guest

if you solo a lot, necro is still good fun and the recent expansion seems to have improved things a bit. I just took down a level 86^^ name at level 82 which isn't that bad. We just aren't the in thing for raiding or big groups for now. If you want to mostly group or raid pick maybe conjuror if you like using pets, but if you solo mostly you will have fun with a necro.
    Hellstone
  4. ARCHIVED-BLIGHTBRINGER Guest

P.S. I find splitpaw is pretty friendly too.
  5. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

I betrayed to Conjuror. Don't really care about uberific named soloing abilities, as long as the class has decent baseline soloability.
    The Necro was boring, and since I avoid quests at all costs and group a lot, it was borderline useless there.
  6. ARCHIVED-Vicotnik82 Guest

Stealing some space here instead of making new thread.

I find necromancer interesting after reading some and thinking about rolling one as i heard they are fun to play and solo quite well. Not that im a looner but i dont have to much time to group up all the time and im not going to raid. Yes i know people say they are boring i cant understand why and i dont want to be a conjuror since they get a rock as pet. Who can resist the lich form looking like death himself is visiting.

I also wonder which rotation to use as necro in lower levels?
  7. ARCHIVED-Glymmyr Guest

Go play on the Test server if you want friendly people. You will not find any type of huge raiding organization, you will solo most of the time, but folks do tend to be VERY friendly. You could just open the test chat channel and get your info there.