Old account, Everything GONE

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Luhkee, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Luhkee New Member

Hi, purchased game when it first came out. Was looking to get back into it, logged in and i have nothing. Had multiple alts at the time, as well wouldnt i get veteran rewards?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

You have no toons, or your toons have been stripped?
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Veteran rewards, where bound to active subscription, but they changed a few things. But i would not hold my breath that you get all the goodies, as someone who payed the whole years ^^
  4. Athenia Well-Known Member

As Kalderon mentioned, you only get veteran rewards if you have an active sub. I'm not sure how things have changed when they introduced FTP, but it could be you only earn rewards if you're a Gold member now? Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong.

As for your toons, are they completely gone? Or are their names changed to have an x at the end? There were multiple server merges since launch, and inactive and newer accounts all got x's on their toons' names if someone else from the merging server had the same name and had been around longer.

There also have been cases of hacking over the years and that may be what happened here, but I'm not sure because "i have nothing" is a little vague. Definitely petition and see if a GM can help you if that's the case.
  5. Kilar Active Member

I would suggest that you check your character sheet in game. It will show how old your account is. If all of your characters are missing (and you never deleted them before you left) I would get in touch with support to see if they can help you (They are a good team and the few times I have needed them over the years they have been very helpful).

If you have no characters, create a new one just to see the account age. The account age will let you know how many years old your account is. This will be based on, how long you paid and played from launch, what expansions you bought and time added since FTP was introduced.

When you have a character in game use /claim this will bring up a window showing what you have already claimed and what is left to claim.

Good luck, I hope it gets resolved for you.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

When you start the game launcher, in the top left corner it will show the group of servers you are logging on to Version: US English for mine. Make sure that is set to the group of servers where you created your original characters. You can change the setting by clicking on version, and selecting a different one from the dropdown menu on the next screen.
    Deveryn and Tinkerbe like this.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

At some point around F2P's introduction (Nov. 2011), the veteran timer counted towards everyone, regardless of subscription status.
  8. Jrral Active Member

Originally the veteran-reward timer only ticked when you had a paid subscription active. What may have happened is that when they changed to all-F2P the timer didn't get updated to tick continuously on your account until the next time you logged into game. They probably didn't want to retroactively grant inactive/unpaid accounts veteran time back to their creation date, so they'd need some way to demarcate pre-F2P time from post-F2P and one easy way to do it is the first time you log in post-F2P the game saves your veteran time under the old system and starts the timer under the new system with your veteran time now being the sum of the two.