Ok! My stamina seems to be a problem or ...?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sycz, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Sycz Member

I start this quest "Reign of Shadows: Mapping the Dark". Included in this quest is the quest "Save the Last Blast For Me". I had no problems with this quest until I ran into the Corrupted Construct. This mob ONE-SHOTTED my Merc and I in no time. I tried 5 time with the same results. Cannot continue.

Thank you!
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You might check your gear and setup vs. the recommendations in the ROS Gear-up Guide.

What class are you? If you can give us the toon name and server so we can look you up on EQ2U, we may be able to give you more targeted advice.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Sycz Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa. I was hoping you would be one of the responders. You know a great deal about this game and very mch appreciate your advice.

I am a level 120 Illusionist, Level 20 Etherialist and 120 Sage. I have been wearing the armor given to us at the beginning of BoL and RoS. I did well with this in the SOLO arena but not against the oddball Level 126 and higher Heroic mob that shows up in a quest. I am also running into the fact that the Armor given to us is not Infusable. I am presently searching for armor that is Infusable and the Infusions for the armor. Then again I don't think I will be able to load enough infusions to load for stamina and health.

Thank you!
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Sycz Member

Toon name is Sycz
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Panda for armor and adornments? Panda Yun Zi The World Traveler I think his name is - over at Sundered Frontier and his little pal Pas Yu Carrier of Things is who you want to see after you adventure for Yun Zi (very easy just google where he wants you to go and you get the prized for free that Pas Yu carries = good stuff too!)

For instance after going there to compare I 'bought' the free armor for myself/Character Twylana Level 100 Beastlord because I didn't realize how much better Pas Yu's stuff was than the issued armor she was wearing.

The Breastplates = in comparison just as an example:
    Yun Zi/Pas Yu's Chain Breastplate of Tol'Ren:
    660 Primary Attributes 2,172 Stamina
    15,750 Health 3,150 Power
    168.3 Potency 166.2 Critical Bonus
    11 Resolve 30 AO Autoattack
    20.1 Maximum Health 113.8 Multi-Attack
    Level 100 All Scouts, Defiler, Mystic

Compared with what I had on = Savage's Tunic
    491 Primary Attributes 1,774 Stamina
    1000 Health 250 Power
    47.1 Potency 45.8 Critical Bonus
    1 Resolve 22 Casting Speed
    17.4 Maximum Health 11.1 Mitigation Increase
    Mitigation - 1,053
    Level 100

The other armor pieces are comparably better and I'll let you look at the Adornments for yourself, Yun Zi armor can be adorned. Many people grab a set of armor and enchancements for their Mercenary too.
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Oh my bad! A Sage wears Cloth Armor. So sorry I didn't think of that before typing out all of that. Well anyone who CAN wear Yun Zi's Chain Armor of Tol'Ren can profit from this ...

Chain & Leather wearers are:
    • Bruiser (Leather)
    • Fury (Leather)
    • Monk (Leather)
    • Mystic (Chain)
    • Warden (Leath

Chain & Plate wearers are:
    • Berserker (Plate)
    • Dirge (Chain)
    • Guardian (Plate)
    • Paladin (Plate)
    • Ranger (Chain)
    • Swashbuckler (Chain)
    • Templar (Plate)
    • Troubador (Chain)
    • Assassin (Chain)
    • Beastlord (Chain)
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sycz, taking a quick look at your gear:

(1) You are missing a ranged weapon (you can use either a wand or a crossbow, and if it's a crossbow, you need a quiver and bolts),

(2) You need good quality food and drink. For level 120, you probably want Provisioner-crafted Tegi Meatloaf and Spiced Grimroot Tea.

(3) You have a few adornment slots empty, updating those will help. As you do RoS Achievements, you will get some red runes that will fit some of your jewelry. You can also get the Timed Attacks rune in Sanctus Seru, 1st floor, one of the vendors across the way from the smith.

(4) Since you're a 120 sage, you should take a look at your guildhall's recipe vendor. You should be able to purchase the books for Acrylia adornments and Acrylia mount tack. You need more Potency and Health, so you might make yourself bardings half-and-half. And the stats on the Acrylia adorns will be way more than the Veilwalker adorns and lower that you presently have. You can get someone else to make Acrylia stuff for you, but it has to be commissioned and they have to craft the items one at a time.

Eventually you will want to upgrade to Shadowscream adorns and mount tack, and you will probably have to find a crafter who also raids to make them for you.

(5) As described in the ROS Gear-up Guide, you should go to Sundered Frontier and do Yun Zi's quest series. Once you have all of them dome, go to Pas Yu and look at the goodies he has available to sell. Type "shadow" into the search box in the merchant window. You will want the set of four Tol'Ren white runes, the cyan runes (I'd get one for a primary 1H, primary 2H, secondary, and ranged, just store the one(s) you aren't using in a bag somewhere), AND LOOK AT THE JEWELRY. The Panda jewelry will have less Resolve, but lots more Potency. Use the Panda stuff until you find something worthwhile!

(6) In RoS, you can only infuse Celestial weapons and gear.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  9. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Your fervor is too low. Level-up your merc for additional fervor, then go back 2 expansions and get the blue fervor runes.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Specifically:
    • Celestial Rune of Embers (+35 Fervor) -- People still put together pick-up raids to try to get the Unmeltable Achievement for flawlessly defeating all raid encounters within Chaos Descending's Doomfire: The Molten Caldera [Raid].
    • Rune: Ragebourne Insight (+35 Fervor) -- Purchased in Fabled Kael Drakkel with Archivist's Tremissis, which you can earn doing tradeskill missions in Myrist, the Great Library., Anchorage tradeskill missions, CD PQs
    • Empyral Rune of Witness [VIII] (+20.1 Fervor, red rune) -- Available in Tishan's Lockbox in the Luclin Nexus. You have to pull the items into your inventory before you see the runes. I just buy one of everything (for 0 copper) then use Adornment Reclamation and pop the adorns off.
    WhysperWynde and Beee like this.
  11. Celan Active Member

It's not just a gear issue.
    You won't get anywhere if you don't take care of your AA points. Looks like you haven't spent any in quite a while.
    For the stamina/HP issue I strongly suggest 8 points in Enhanced Vigor in the Prestige Illusionist tree.
  12. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Well done Sigrdrifa you for got to mention the other 3 Empyral VIII addorns

Empyral Rune of Glory
    Empyral Rune of Championchip
    Empyral Rune of Juxtaposition

All 3 are pree adornend on the Gear which is in the starter Chest of ROS near the Mage Portal.

The Ragenbourn Insight is Free to buy in Fabled Kael Drakkel if you need one to port thier because mobs are Hard For returner call in Gen or LFG for help maybe someone has a toon camping thier or fight the Way Free to the Vendor.

For the Vindecator s run thier is an Upgrade a way more Easy to obtain beside the new Spell from Fabled Sol Ro Eye if find a group to run it

The Rune has 80 Fervor and 40 Overcap nad the Zone is Last Expa BOL GU so with some help of Powerfull guys done in 30min
    Or if a Raidforce with at least 2 Groupes of Powerfull Guys will go Kael and Kill the Contested if Up its only a 10 Sec thing to kill it, but only if you have the DPS.

And if you have not changed your AAs a long time thier are some big changes in until last Expa keep an eye on the AA Prestige First Line Enhanced Vigor 8 Points thier is no source which increases any Toons HP more than this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I didn't forget. I was specifically indicating where Resolve is to be found.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

food & drinks on autoconsume (eg: Tegi Meatloaf and Gravel Leaf Tea)
    free items and adornments from the lockbox
    AA: prestige tree - Enhanced Vigor (as soon as it's possible)
    An actual mount and bardings (each barding gives you 1900 potency)
    WhysperWynde and Xianthia like this.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

<bold is mine> I was going to suggest that they do a mix of the health* and potency bardings. Both will help with the issues they are describing.

*health barding that gives actual health number, not the hp max
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

I'm just using potency bardings and my mount gives me 237k HP and 69k potency ;)
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

Fires of Mystery should be listed over the other two mystery runes, as it is the best of the three and not incredibly difficult to acquire.

There's also the flawless sol eye run, Reignited Insight, the gives more fervor/adc than the puissance/insight listed.
  18. Sycz Member

I thank all the people who are helping me with this game. I very much appreciate the help.