Offensive vs Defensive stance

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-CrazyMoogle, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-CrazyMoogle Guest

Just back after a long time away....do berserkers still have to use offensive stance to tank in instances or has SOE finally made defensive viable without a perfect group (dirge etc)?
  2. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

I would have said "No. They do not HAVE to use Offensive Stance to tank" in TSO. I would say that's even more accurate now.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

Erm without a perfect group? Not likely. A berserker relies on DPS so much it is necessary to have people buffing you to keep aggro. For example, on single target mobs, it is hard to get past say 15k (which not many can even get close to that). Well a Brigand, Wizard, Ranger, Assassin...there is no way you are keeping aggro off them without a dirge/coercer/swashy in defensive stance. It is hard enough to keep aggro in this scenario in offensive, assuming your DPS'ers are played well.
    Personally I won't Tank unless I have at least a Dirge in group. And I don't have defensive stance, lol to me it is only a Temp buff like Hunker and Controlled Rage. And tbh having an enchanter is pretty serious too so u can use Adrenaline as often as u can without being out of power.
    All that being said....a Berserker with a perfect group pretty much is unstoppable in any setting imagineable. Umm I guess that group is Dirge Mystic Templar Coercer and Swashbuckler or Assassin. And if it is a hard raid mob, adding a Warden in place of the scout is AMAZING.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

yeah even with a bunch of +slash adorns, my def stance hit rates are pretty bleak. 542 slash in def stance btw. i haven't parsed my aggro+dps in both stances yet, but i have an easier time holding aggro in o stance for sure.
  5. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

OK, fair enough. I hadn't considered all factors. I suppose if you get in a perfectly wrong group where you have no +Melee buffs whatsoever, no hate buffs whatsoever, and no power regeneration whatsoever, and you have not specced for the added hate and/or from Adrenaline or extra hate in the Executioner's line, it is possible to create a scenario under which it is difficult to maintain aggro against toons with better gear/skills than you while in defensive stance.