(Off Topic) Winding Down

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gulaep, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, good evening.

Since I have been involved with this community I do not think I have ever seen a post like the one I am about to do here.

First let me start by describing my daily routine where the game is concerned; it is as follows:
    • Wake up, often in the early am hours, and start up the computer.
    • Let Lady outside, she likes to lay in the dark to moon-bathe.
    • Fetch myself some coffee or a cold glass of tea depending on the weather.
    • Then I sit myself down and bring up the forums and hit the "What's New?" link to resume where I left off the evening before.
    • I catch up on my forum reading, post my replies, answer my forum PM's and my emails.
    • I have twelve characters nine of whom are crafters so I do their harvest goblins and Trade Skill Apprentice dailies and knock out the daily objectives for that account and also any character research.
    • I switch accounts to my three non-crafters and do their daily objectives on that account and also any character research.
    • When those chores are done I come back to the forums and read the newly added posts again and I do this until it's time for Lady to take me for a walk. :)
    • yadda, yadda, yadda <insert real life stuff here>
    • A few hours later I sit down and load up my crafter account and send their goblins out again. Now I am ready to play one or more of my guys.
    • yadda, yadda, yadda the day goes on and more gaming and more real life stuff, then dinner time.
    • After dinner it's a quick check of the forums to write replies and then back to game. I send out their goblins again and resume where I left off.
    • I get bored or am at a natural stopping point so I decide to send the goblins out one last time and then I log off for the night.
    • Then I come back to the forums to wind down and catch up on my reading and replies again.
    This list above is not what I was referring to when I said I don't recall ever seeing a post like this before.

Here is my idea for a forum thread:

After I am done gaming for the night and I log out of the game and after I catch up on all the "What's New?" posts and answer all my replies -- when all of that is done I thought I would do a daily post where I write about anything strange or different or funny that I encountered in game, or I would give a brief summary of what I got accomplished for the day. Some days are packed full of things I completed, some days somehow get away from me and nothing much got done.

I thought it might be a good thread to have where myself and all of you can come here and jot down a quick list of things you accomplished and experienced in game. Did you kill a dragon? Did you get some of your characters to max-level in adventuring or trade skills? Did you see something hilarious? Did you score any awesome loot? What sort of game bugs did you encounter?

These are the kind of things I'd like to read from people. Not a big ol' essay like I wrote above but like the one I am about to write below in the first reply. My thread, me first!!! :p

I classified this as an off-topic post in case people mention real life stuff too, but please by all means talk about in-game stuff as well. I hope this turns out to be a fun and popular thread where people can come on a daily visit and wind down before logging off the computer.

Enjoy! :)

~Gulaep
  2. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Other than coming up with this brilliant idea for a thread topic :p and doing all my in game chores as listed above, today I finished doing the Brewday stuff for all twelve of my guys.

I completed the Brewday timeline for all my guys a couple of days ago, but today I ran my last Brewfest - Enchanted Lands daily because my guys now have all the stuff they wanted to buy so I don't need any more Beer Tokens. So I am done with this event and have a few days to rest up before the next event starts.

I also managed to squeeze in just enough time to get nine of my guys to their next adventure level. If you look at my Profile > Information tab you will see them listed there.

That's it for me tonight, back to reading the forums.

I'll wind down with you again tomorrow! :)
  3. Texan Member

On Crushbone: Tonight I played my little Templar, Maezy, and leveled her to 26 in Butcherblock with the help of her mercenary. I happened along a Guardian named Tough, who was questing in the same area and we started talking and discovered we both came back to EQ2 recently after playing WoW (please don't hate me!), and had good conversation regarding both games and how we were enjoying our time in EQ2.

Maezy also progressed in her tradeskill and became a scholar (she's kinda brainy), and made a few items from her Brew Day Festival recipe books for her little Acorn home in Kelethin. Good times! All in all a productive day for the High Elf. ;)
  4. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Grats Maezy :)

I am not sure if you know this but the Butcherblock Mountains has two timelines, a normal adventure timeline and a crafting timeline. The crafting timeline is up top in Highland Outpost where you get the second part of your adventure quests. The tradeskill quest giver stands at the back by the rock wall and is a little Gnome. It starts off on the docks first. I don't recall if the two npcs are linked or not so just do them both. :p

The adventure timeline offers a Saliraptor leaper mount, so does the trade skill timeline. The only difference between the two is if you are a trade skiller it only takes a handful of quests to obtain, whereas the adventure one is near the end of the timeline. Both sailraptors do the same thing, there is no difference other than appearance. The trade skill version has the backpacks, the adventure version does not. Saliraptors are the go-to mount to get when low level, they are slow as molasses as a ground mount 60% run speed, normal horses are 130% I think, but when the leap and fly through the air they are 200% speed which is faster than flying mounts.

Keep up the good work! :)
    Wanderingbat, Lateana and Griff like this.
  5. DarkAllure New Member

My lil' arasai necro will be adventuring through the land searching for excitement and adorning supplies shortly! I haven't been playing very long but I absolutely love all the shinies! :D
    Wanderingbat, Lateana, Griff and 2 others like this.
  6. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Oh I know, they are addicting aren't they? :D They just call out to me and beg me to pick them up, I try to resist especially if I have been through that zone a billion times, but sometimes I can't resist. In new zones, I will scheme and fight to the death to get a shiney by a mob if he is too high level for me.

...I must...have it!

:p
  7. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Hello again, it's that time of night when I must try and get some sleep. I did some of that in game in fact hehe, I was falling asleep in combat on my last two characters tonight.

I got a late start today and at the last minute I decided to hop on over and participate in the beta bashing of bugs. I managed to get six of my twelve characters through beta, tomorrow hopefully I can get the other six completed.

I am skipping the actual winding down and forum reading and going straight to bed, I've only been getting about four hours of sleep a night, perhaps tonight I will sleep longer.

Goodnight everyone, have fun in game. :)

*yawns*
    Lateana and Katz like this.
  8. PastaBowl New Member

I like this thread! I am in a progression guild, and am experiencing everything for the first time as we go through the expansions. As a new player, I'm pretty sure joining a progression guild was one of the best things I did! :cool:

As for today, I did some Kingdom of Sky quests that I have been working on. Finally obtained my class hat :).
    Also finally catching up on some tinkering (which I'm doing right now as I write this post :p ).

Thinking about making an alt as I only have the main character that I use for the raids, atm. So many classes to choose from! Want to eventually try them all out, but for now, I'm thinking I'm gonna go with an Illusionist.

Anyways, bedtime for me. Trying to get of this cold. :rolleyes:
  9. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Hi PastaBowl :)

I like the idea of a progression server and I would probably do it because as a new player I would like to play things as they actually occurred in order, but no, not via raiding.

I never attempted to join a progression guild because I think the rule set they come up with would be too restricting and even more complicated to follow. I mean I have a hard enough time now trying to decide which item is better than which item when the stat types are not exactly alike making it very obvious which to choose. How much harder does it then become if every time I get a drop I have to worry or wonder, "Was this part of the original game package at this point in time or was this something added years later to spruce things up and dumb things down?". I think you know what I mean.

The only way I know I could do a progression server is if the game devs themselves were in control for they would not have anything in an expansion that did not in fact exist at the time. So then I would no longer have to worry about is this legal to use and whatnot. So yeah, when the thought comes to mind of trying out a progression guild I talk myself out of it with two reasons - I do not like raiding and I cannot handle it (lag/graphics etc) and it's too complicated.

I am happy to hear you are enjoying yourself though, that's awesome! I hope you will write more about what you are experiencing.

:)
    Lateana and Moonpanther like this.
  10. Gulaep Well-Known Member

My accomplishments were pretty simple today. I like simple. When I got everything else done I needed to do I finally got around to logging back into the beta server again. I ran my last six characters through it and now I am done with that on all twelve of my guys.

I got a couple of days to rest up before the next event starts which is the Chrono Portal thingy, then the Bristlebane one immediately after or do they overlap each other at the end/start? Don't matter. Right now I have at least two or three days to relax. I got several levels on all twelve of my characters so I need to craft them some new experts and go through their bags and update my hotbars. I have done none of this since Brewday began so I got a lot to clean up before the next event arrives.

I can breathe now. <exhales>

Goodnight.
    :)
    Lateana likes this.
  11. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Today I brought up all 64 of my toons across three accounts and sent out their goblins and ponies, checked their broker sales, their tradeskill apprentices, and their research status. I do this once a week and it took about eight hours. Tomorrow I will send out all eligible toons to get tokens of various sorts. And in amidst all that I will raid on two separate servers. My retirement days are filled with such stuff. I also visit the beta and test servers once a week. Life is good :)
  12. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Damn girl! 64? lmao. I have 30 mouths to feed; 12 characters, 9 apprentices, and 9 goblins. That is a chore for me. I dread it, but I do it. I would not, could not, should not do 64. I say nay nay! :p

64? Zoiks! (However Shaggy from ScoobyDoo said it.)

Can you imagine sending them out every two hours? I do pretty good in keeping them working all the time. I may be late but only by a few minutes to an hour and a half late but I do send them out between four to six times a day. It's a lot of work. I always tell people that my goblins need a hug, or they need their diapers changed or need lunch etc hehe. :p That's the extent of my roleplaying skills nowadays. Back in the day when Dungeons and Dragons first came out, I was pretty darn good at it if I do say so myself. Now it's just diaper changes. :D
    Lateana and Moonpanther like this.
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

So I am now officially hooked on the Monk! I started one on test and beta just for giggles and I love them. One is a ratonga, and the other a vampire. I'm a martial artist in real life and some of the moves are spot on. I haven't even pulled out my mercs yet on them. Love love love the little mouse monk...named Kungboocat....cracks me up while playing.

Working on a commission doing a asian build. Lots of research on asian houses, but it is coming along very well and my client is very happy so far. I give a few peaks here for all to see :D I'm a non apologetic horder and mad decorator on AB. I really wish I had some of the abilities available to us in Landmark when I build hehe. Oh and hey Devs.....WE NEED TRIANGLES :p

Didn't get much of the brewfest done on live, beta and testing servers have kept me hopping.

I also check in on the forums first thing with my coffee in the am while I'm waking up. In fact I'll check them all through the day in hopes I can help out or just enjoy some lively debate :D And they are the last thing I do at night while "winding down" for sleep. I only seem to manage a 4 hours of sleep so I'm usually back up and checking in again before I start the game.
    Wanderingbat, Gulaep and Lateana like this.
  14. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

WOW 64!! And I thought I was bad lolol. I don't work on all of mine all the time, just when the mood strikes me they are there. I really need to get the ponies for several of those, so I will attempt to focus and get that done....oh wait...another shiny :D
  15. Shaie Active Member

Someone turned me on to the saliraptors about a year ago (I also play WoW, Borderlands 2 with the hubby & a couple other games AS WELL AS y'know that RL stuff) so I've not had a lot of experience with them but tonight I figured out that if I hold down the space bar, my raptor goes VERY high & VERY far! Now I want one for EVERY lowbie LOL! I'd bought a bunny mount for my Halfling because BUNNEH! & although it jumps it doesn't jump high & far (this was the other thing I learned tonight :D ). It's still adorable though!
  16. Griff Well-Known Member

Day off, wake up, make some coffee, start doing work related things focused on our family restaurant. Prep the financials, put together the order list for the week, look busy in general. My expectations, seldom not met, will be the wife getting bored at which time she will turn to the DVR for Walking Dead and Talking Dead. Then I get to come here and solve all the problems of the world of Norrath, all in the forums, saving our world. Clearly someone was wrong again and it's my job to correct them. (My wife will point that out sarcastically :) "

Log in, send out the 9 ponies, check the brokers, clean up the bags from previous sessions hunting. Disturb the wife 50 times with "Can any of your characters use this" with the usual answer of "You asked me that when we looted it" or "Awesome, but it's Heirloom, you kept it the night we looted it..greedy..."

Then I will load my favorite character, you know, the one I last played for a day and vow to focus on this new character who is way more powerful than the last way more powerful character that I played. Clearly, this will be my favorite class next to the other 16 favorite classes that I play. My wife will point that out while mocking me.

I'll beg for more coffee since breaking to make my own would ruin my immersion of standing in the guild hall for 20 minutes trying to decide what to do! After drinking the coffee and determining what it is exactly that I wish to do, my wife will log in and I'll join her with a totally different class, one who I forgot to clear the bags on of course. We will then play and have the best time ever, as we have for the last 11 years since we met on EQ-1.

Life is good!
  17. Gulaep Well-Known Member

LMAO, I like your wife! :D She sounds perfect! Do everything she says because you cannot afford to lose her.

A lot of people say, "Life is good!" - You I believe. :)
    Griff, Lateana and Moonpanther like this.
  18. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Life is good when your spouse shares your obsession with EQ2 :) My husband has two accounts and keeps his 30 odd toons floating in Fherin while I keep mine floating in decor items. I now have enough Brewday goblins and other creatures for my Isle of Refuge reward home!
    Moonpanther and Griff like this.
  19. PastaBowl New Member

64 toons?! I don't know how you do it. I can barely keep up with my one toon. So much to do! In other games I've played, I usually have an alt addiction, but for some reason, here I really have no desire to make a second toon for now. May possibly be due to the daunting task (to me anyway :p ) of choosing what class to play next.
  20. Gulaep Well-Known Member

How good are you at spreadsheets? You can enter all the classes and races into it and have it pick a random one for you from each column and pick that way, or use some old Dungeon and Dragon dice to pick for you. :D

Any gamer worth their salt has dice! :p

...and said dice are kept in safe and secure place in a nice felt-cloth bag. Heaven forbid we lose our dice!
    Moonpanther and PastaBowl like this.