Of pets and break-outs...or pets breaking out...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you have pets in a break-out area, such as the "beach" in the Mistmoore Crags Estate, will they eventually make their way back to the rest of the "house"? Just thought it might be a good "time-out" location to park them to get them out of the way for a bit, but it might apply to other houses. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

...right click the pet and choose "sleep" if that's available. I seem to recall something somewhere about that feature getting fixed. I kept having a problem with some roaming tinkerbot thing tazering my pet dog, so I put the bot to sleep.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Some tinker gear I got wanders all over my Isle of Refuge. I thought about letting it sleep, but it shows up, and startles me. I guess its good for keeping ME awake.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, Sleep/Play Dead/Stay, that sort of thing. I do know folks who have pets on their Tenebrous Tangle place that love to "commit suicide" by walking off over the edge of the falls area...not necessarily anywhere else, edge-wise, just there. Maybe they know they'll be okay if they do it there. ;->

Not sure where the break-outs are in the Isle of Refuge; I have one, just haven't really explored all the possibilities yet. I was mainly wondering if you have a pet in a place that we have to jump through hoops to get to in the first place, if they'd be able to "escape" from there and get back to the rest of the house. ;->

Uwk
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Interesting question. I know in my T4 FP guildhall, I have 2 pets and a breakout, and no matter what setting I put those pets on, they stay in the same place all the time, if I move them, they will stay where I move them to.

I have pets in my Kromzek Keep that will wander up to the front and walk off the edge by the bridge you cross over from where you zone in, I guess they don't die, they just reappear inside where they started, then they walk back out front and off the edge again. I have 2 pets in a Sprockets Interlocking Plane, they will walk off the edge.
    Dude, Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

My guild hall does that too, also a tier 4. And I have them set to wander around I don't have them set to stay or sleep or anything, and they just don't move.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Pets do not like to stay on top of anything so first place them directly on the ground otherwise they will fall through your tables counters or beds or other resting places and wander . I find that almost always pets stay put where they are placed if I right click and chose stay . The cat and dog pet in Fae's house has been in the same spot sice they sorted the stay command so it works a couple of years ago .
    Be wary of a couple of pets that like to kill other inhabitants though otherwise your pet pixie might have been slain by your cockatrice or wandering killer clockwork .
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah; I constantly have to break up fights, punish, etc., and they still don't learn. Many's the time I've come home to basically a battlefield aftermath, with corpses everywhere. :-/

Uwk
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

My guildhall pets are on the floor and are not being told to stay, they just refuse to move unless I pick them up and move them myself, I guess they are spoiled.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

YA the pets in my guild hall don't move either :(
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

In the SEHS house I'm working on, I perhaps made the mistake of getting house pets for the owner before I was finished...the dog hasn't budged, bless him, except to wake up and stand up, but the cat was off its pillow, roaming towards a shut door, and checked out every inch of the house before I could turn around. Finally found it, picked it up, put it back on its nice warm pillow (actually the dog's bed...you know how that works ;->) by the fireplace, went back to work. Turned around, it was almost at the shut door again...Stay, pick up, put down where it should've been, Put To Bed. Finally it curled up, after several "nope, gonna repeat the last 'order' you gave me awhile back. Ha." maneuvers. We'll see if it's still where I put it... X-P

Don't get me wrong; I'm a cat person in RL as well as here, but oy... :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

I'm a cat person too, and that sort of reminds me of cats in real life, they always do what they feel like doing and not what you ask of them. LOL My little babies always wait until I'm trying to sleep and then they want to cuddle. The old expression cats are like answering machines, they take a message and then get back to you, seems pretty fit.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Dogs have owners. Cats have staff." :D

Uwk
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yep! I really don't mind though.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Spousal Unit is the cats' (multiple) English Butler, I am the Irish Maid.