Odd Mail Bug. Anyone have an idea for a fix?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by jbc1948, Jun 15, 2020.

1. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

For some reason mail with not go through to a guildies account unless they are logged in. When not logged in Mail just sits and basically locks until you camp in and out. Mail works fine to other accounts that are not logged in.
    Have submitted a ticket which the standard response was delete several files. When informed about mail working when other account was logged in was told problem was on their end. He submitted a ticket and got told the problem was on my end. Doesn't appear they have any idea what's up so loath to delete multiple files and hope it fixes it or doesn't end up making things worse. Seems as if the mail is trying to be sent but for some reason won't recognize the offline account.
    Any ideas will be appreciated .
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Have you both tried clearing out your old mail? I'm not sure that would help but it was the only thing I could think of.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

Never, ever delete files until you're sure you don't need/want them, When somecody says 'delete files x,y and z' move them into a corner somewhere instead. If that fixes your problem, great, now delete them. If not, put them back!

I've never understood this concept of 'delete' as a first option when it should be the last resort.
    Spindle and Rosyposy like this.