Odd City Faction Issue with Neutral Race Dirges starting in Neriak

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vicah, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Vicah Member

This is the second time I've had this happen to me, so I'm going to chalk it up as more than a unique event. I just made a Human Dirge which started in Neriak on the character screen and somewhere along the way in leveling, I became a citizen of Qeynos without betraying.

Even though I zoned into Darklight Woods right from the start, which clearly indicates that I'm evil, I am now agro to FP guards and my call home takes me to Qeynos. The same thing happened to me a while back when I made an Erudite Dirge, which again is a neutral race. This bug may happen with other class or race combinations, but there definitely seems to be an issue with new Neutral Dirges starting in Neriak

...and before he posts... Hi Estred, yes I know you love your PoW gear and stuff.
  2. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I made a ratonga dirge (yes, a new one) in Neriak recently, and didn't have an issue.
    However, I have seen this cropping up rarely; it's always been Neriak involved. It would be interesting to pinpoint exactly what is triggering the bug -- if it's the race, or the class, or both when paired with this starting area.
  3. Cynergy Active Member

Haha I thought it was just me. I made a ratonga Dirge a while back started in neriak, one day I called home and found myself in qeynos lol. I didnt really care much, but when I betrayed to troub it was buggy as heck.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

What does my gear have to do with any of this?

I just made a Human Dirge to test this. Started in Neriak and tried Call to Home a few times. I wasn't able to reproduce the glitch by just doing this so it seems that something happens during your leveling as you stated. I can't verify the bug so I can't /bug it though. Best luck verifying and pinpointing the error here.
  5. Vicah Member

I think in order to replicate the bug, you need to level up to a certain point. IDK when it happened, but I know by lvl 25 it was definitely bugged as I noticed the evac point in CL took me to Nek gate instead of WFP gate.

pow pow pow!
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Did it possibly happen why zoning and if so to a specific zone? Way back when your citizenship was set on your initial zone in to Qeynos or Freeport from the newbie isle. There was a neat exploit associated with this at one point to hasten betrayals. Probably unrelated, but that's the first thing that popped into my mind while reading this.
  7. Gourdon Well-Known Member

I had this same problem with a barbarian templar that started in Darklight Wood. She was KOS to all of the guards there and somehow was a citizen of Qeynos, though my problem was from the very beginning.
  8. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

lulz

At some point when I was bored, I thought about compiling a list of quotes of every time Estred has condescended to others by writing, "But I am in PoW/pre-CoE Avatar gear."

The implication, of course, being "so it may be different for you mere mortals."

But, alas....I lack the necessary motivation. :(
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Those instances are more common me stating that my opinion may be bias because of the gear that I wear making things easier. Is it condescending to state that you may be wrong? Perhaps something hard for you is easy for me simply because of how I choose to play?

If it sounds as though I am saying "Oh you are weak so have fun" then you are reading far too much into my words. Also I have 1, ONE piece of Pre-CoE Avatar gear, so don't go saying that it represents my gear, it is one piece. The rest of my gear, of course it's Plane of War. I am a Challenge Mode-Raid Tank and I wouldn't have any of this without the help of 23-29 other dedicated players.

There are many avenues to play this game and each sector is somewhat self contained. I raid Challenge Mode encounters and as such have viewpoints most closely aligned with this player type. I can offer my opinion and ideas for Heroic and Solo level play but have to clarify that when I say; "That zone is easy." I am speaking for my main and she wears the gear that makes it easy. So I use it as a clarification to state "what is easy for me may not be for you" simply because I do not wish someone to go to a zone thinking it's easy in under qualified gear and then get mad at the game and complain that it is too hard because of a misunderstanding.
  10. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

We're only yanking your chain, Estred. Don't get in a tizzy. I'd just noticed the same thing the OP had.

(Reminds me of Tobias Funke's lack of awareness of what he was saying in Arrested Development. :p)
  11. Nilul New Member

My wife had this issue on her half-elf fury and she started in TD a couple years ago. She had high faction with Qeynos, Kelethin and New Halas and got one-shotted by the Neriak guards after I guided her to the city festival. It was her first toon and that toons first death. I of course, got blamed, got punched in the arm and had to spend yet another night on the couch.

I'm not sure it's race/class/home city specific. Possibly evil specific though?
  12. Gaarysal Active Member

It definitely seems to be neutral race + neutral class. Judging by the replies they are all in neriak. It could very well be a bug specific to neriak. It could also just be that neriak is a popular choice lol. It's gotta be confusing for someone new to the game like your wife, bad first impression for sure.
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

I wish my mystic could mysteriously end up with +Freeport faction without it costing me $50 =P
    Feara likes this.
  14. CrankyViking New Member

Happened to me too.

Started a human wizard in Neriak (Antonia Bayle server), and the second I got to T'Vatar Post, the dread guard whacked me. Whacked me again upon re-spawn. Just about finished the betrayal quest so's I can get housing, but man what a drag.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I had the same with an Erudite Guardian starting in Darklight. Died the very first time I ran past a guard. GM who fixed her faction said it was a known, but rare bug.

My Ratonga Ranger who started in Timorous Deep was also on faction for Qeynos and needed a GM faction-fix, so it's not entirely restricted to Darklight.
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

The only consistent thing I'm seeing is a combination of a neutral race with a neutral class. In the case of the Ratonga Ranger (btw, that is fun to say, lol - even more if you substitute the letter W for all the letter Rs* - but anyway, back to the subject) the strange thing is that it is a combination of a race that was originally evil and became neutral and a class that was originally good and became neutral. I have no idea if this has any bearing upon having Qeynos faction while starting in TD (the starting good/evil and becoming neutral part, not the parenthetical comments, of course).

* Try to imagine Elmer Fudd saying, "Be vewy quiet, I'm hunting Watonga Wangews." :D
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

[quote="Rotherian, post: 5915632, member: 1929"
    * Try to imagine Elmer Fudd saying, "Be vewy quiet, I'm hunting Watonga Wangews." :D[/quote]
    damn you roth! I can't stop saying that now.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Thanks. BTW, you deleted the initial closing bracket on the open quote. Just FYI. Happens to me sometimes, too. :oops: