Odd Bug on displaying NPC/PC names and titles

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pijotre, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Pijotre Well-Known Member

There is just one way to show this bug and thats by a picture, so here goes: titlebug.png
  2. Arcturys Member

What I am noticing is that the name of the players/NPCs is situated too low. This only seems to affect people that display names vertically rather than horizontally. For example:

Battlerager
    Aaryk
    the Ruffian

That's my main's name and titles. Normally it would look like above, but for some reason now the character's name is shifted down slightly, so that's it touching/slightly overlapping the bottom title, and a big gap between the name and the upper title. Works the same for NPCs, at least the ones I'm seeing in my guild hall.
    Pijotre likes this.
  3. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry Jaylah warned me but I didn't listen that the "Upload a File" feature is broken, I have that exact same issue but its completly random which mobs people it affects, to make my point how random it is here a picture (via photobucket) of 9 "identical" tradeskill apprentices of which some show the odd behaviour and some don't (Ratatouille and Tinkerton are good the rest aren't):

[IMG]
  4. Arcturys Member

Yep that's the same bug I'm seeing. Wasn't sure if that's what you were seeing as well since your first picture didn't upload, so I just tried to describe it with words as well as I could. Just goes to show a picture really is worth a lot of words. ;)
    Pijotre likes this.
  5. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Hehe yeah I just hope they soon fix it as it is really irritating
  6. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Any news about this SOE?
  7. Terrogaunt Developer

I checked in some code that made it so the naming space above the character's name would get bigger if the sub-name was longer than the name. This might be the cause of the wonki-tude that you're experiencing. I'll give it a look soon, just in case!