October - Nights of the Dead Photo Contest!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Greethings Norrathians!

It’s October and that means it’s time to get ready for Nights of the Dead! Are you ready to decorate your house, pick out a celebration costume, or take on some ghoulish foes? Submit an image in this month’s EverQuest II Nights of the Dead Photo Contest that shows what you are doing to celebrate Norrath's creepiest holiday!

All entries must be submitted by 4:00 PM PDT on October 31, 2014 to the contest website. Ten winners will be randomly chosen to receive 1,000 SC.

We can’t wait to see what you are doing to celebrate!
    Avahlynn and Dannnni like this.
  2. Scalette Member

Once I learn how to post a picture, I might try this one this year. Any hints as to how to do this? Just asking.
    ~noob here~ :(
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Do you know how to take a screen shot in game? That's part one. I believe F10 removes all your buttons and UI interface stuff so you get a clear screen. So take a picture, and open it in whatever you use (photoshop, paint, whatever), by opening that program and creating new file, hit cntrl+v, and paste the screenshot there, and once that's done, you can use the crop tool if needed. Then save to a folder. Go to someplace like photobucket.com and register there. Then you login, and go to the uploader. Upload your snazzy screenshot from off your pc, and you will get an address on the photobucket page that links to the screenshot you uploaded.

When you enter the contest, you'll follow the link above, register, and it'll prompt you thru where to place the address for your screenshot image. :)

If you ever want to post an image here, do it all the same but click the tiny picture of a tree in your writing window. (It's below the smiley emoticon choice box and beside the filmstrip looking button. Hit the tree and a tiny window pops up. You then paste your image into that tiny window's box. Presto, your image is visible here on the boards.

Hope that helps!
    Ava
    Glenorian likes this.
  4. Scalette Member

Thank you so much Avahlynn...yes that helps a lot. Appreciate the time you took to write that reply back. You ROCK!!! :D
    Glenorian likes this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Can you PLEASE ask Votigo to add another line to the contest submission form...asking what name you want displayed? I really don't like that they are displaying a person's real name on the contest submissions, and it is for this reason I will not submit any entries. I would rather they display my user name instead. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding minors signing up for this contest, but if they are permitted to enter, I'm sure there are many parent's who would not like knowing their child's real name is on display for the whole world to see, either. Thank you!
    Glenorian, Avahlynn and FriggaWitch like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

submitting that screen shot sounds really complicated but lol I am a lazy rat I rather eat some cheese and bacon. some day I might get up from my cozy nest and spring into action
    Glenorian likes this.
  7. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

This is a very nice suggestion and I understand the concern behind it. I will definitely look into it and see if it's possible for future contests!
    Glenorian likes this.
  8. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

LOL

There are only 4 steps, I promise :)
    1. Take a screenshot in game (F10 to hide UI and then PrintScreen)
    2. Go to the contest website.
    3. Click "Register" and fill in your information (or Login with existing name if you've entered before)
    4. Upload the image from your computer located in your EQ2 Screenshots Folder.
    Glenorian likes this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you for listening, Afista, and looking into this. I hope they do something very quickly, so those of us with this concern can submit our NotD themed screenshots as well. :)
    Glenorian likes this.
  10. Glenorian Well-Known Member

Are we limited to the number of entries we can submit? I've been doing an island for NOTD and I'm not sure what to pick!
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

It is one entry per account, as per Luperza several months back. If you have more than one account, you can enter multiple times, just each entry has to come from a separate account.

I noticed they have removed last names from visibility at least, with only the first initial showing, which is a step in the right direction. I would still like to see the choice of having user name displayed rather than real name, however. Thanks again, Afista! :)
    Glenorian likes this.
  12. Glenorian Well-Known Member

Ok thanks Merriel! Not that I wanted to spam entries, but if I were undecided and I could enter both photos that would help. As it is, I will have to deliberate and bite my finger nails over whether I picked the right scene. Such is the nature of the photo contests!
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Have the winners been chosen yet?
  14. Roshen Well-Known Member

I'll be emailing winners today, and we'll announce them soon.
    Moonpanther and Quiarrah like this.
  15. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

We had an impressive amount of photos submitted in last month's Nights of the Dead Photo Contest! The awesome images players submitted helped capture the fun and excitement of one of Norrath's most beloved holidays.

Ten photos were randomly chosen from all of the entries and each person has received a code worth 1,000SC for their winning photos! Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to everyone who submitted a photo for the contest. The images really captured the spirit (or spirits) of Nights of the Dead!

Here's a peek at the winning submissions :)

[IMG]

Title: Death this way cometh
    About: A broken hearted maiden goes to the old witch to find what her future holds. Twould seem death is waiting just on the other side of the veil.

[IMG]

Title: A Walk Through One of Norrath's Cemetery
    About: Don't be Scared!

[IMG]

Title: The Black Family Plot
    About: Here lies Poor Sirius Black

[IMG]

Title: My Fun House
    About: Shadows of a Thousand years Rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, Tonight is HALLOWEEN! Dexter Kozen

[IMG]

Title: It's a Thriller
    About: Back yard of Mansion

[IMG]
    Title: Ghost Ship
    About: Preserved Lich Bride lures ships to the rocks and sucks the souls from the passengers bodies.

[IMG]

Title:"Trick or Treat!"
    About: Yum! a treater please !

[IMG]

Title: Shadowclaw of Permafrost celebrates NoTD
    About: Our front entrance of our guild hall, decorated for Nights of the Dead.

[IMG]

Title: Altius vs Paladin
    About: Altius brought fangs and claws to a Paladin fight

[IMG]

Title: Pumpkin King's Abode
    About: My friend Eryneth meets the Pumpkin King.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Grats everyone!!! I so enjoyed looking at everyone's submission. Lots of fun was had in Norrath! Can't wait for the next one. :D
    Glenorian likes this.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winners! Awesome screenshots, lots of great entries. :)
    Glenorian likes this.