Obols

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Wigg, Dec 9, 2012.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

What difference does it make if i get the before or after I complete a long solo quest line? They would still be 'earned' if you can even use that word in a video game.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Because i bet in your raid there guys who completed the sig quest line and it would be unfair if you get one before them. If you can't spend obols you should be at the end of a feeding line. Rings from a steward are still very desirable due to pow or hm drunder rings not having green adorn slots. So your guildies who are already done with a quest well on a way to buy ring. They don't need a bypasser to sit on obols
    Wigg likes this.
  3. Wigg Member

^ This. I Would be livid if I was a guild leader and found out someone was getting obols during raid when there are people who could use them for upgrades right away. Same with a group. I would try to find people who were done with the quest, because if I lost rolls on Obols to people who hadn't even started.... I don't even want to think about how angry that stuff makes me.
  4. Wigg Member

So for general overview, the biggest issues we see are:

1. Obols are a PAIN for raid leaders, make them so they can be round robin for those that have done the quest.
    2. Obtaining obol's solo appears to be the fastest method right now and this should not be the case. Increase drops in group zones or make it where each chest drops 1 for each member in the group on the quest. As it stands, You can get really lucky or really unlucky in a group and have someone walking away with 3 obols and someone with 0.
    Kraeref likes this.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Just to calrify, i have done the quest, just not on the characters I raid with mostly. So I could use them, but that character can't even roll on them.
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

They should be lootable for everyone like the head from sky4 where, but you need the quest to buy something from it ;)
    Not a big deal and everyone would be happy (almost ^^)
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  7. Ixian Active Member

Isn't this one of the things the heirloom key they added last week was intended to resolve?
    Kraeref likes this.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I wish I knew why the key required Obols for purchase, it should just be plat.

But I will do the quest line on my raid char this weekend and stop caring about the whole thing. Grouping is dead on Guk anyway, after the slight bump of 92 to 95 wave.
  9. Wigg Member

Not just dead on Guk. Impossible to find a group on Butcherblock too.