Number of Open Character Slots?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Dude, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

Is there a way, short of continuing to create characters, to see how many unused character slots I have?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I too have searched and searched for this information to no avail. Even if you look at billing history, it doesn't say what you purchased with the DBCash, so I have no idea on one account, on the other all my slots are full so that is how I know there.

You could make a bunch of nonsense throwaways on a different region, US, EU, and Test are all allowed the same total amount of characters. I would delete them as soon as you have reached your limit, that way you wouldn't actually block a name if you let the game generate names for you.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply. :)

It was the answer I expected, but hoped there might be another way. Ah well, off to the character creation screen. :(
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

EQ2 subscribers start with 7 slots per region.

Free-to-Play accounts (F2P) start with 2 slots per region.

The "per region" means that you can have a full complement of characters on each of the server "regions", i.e., for a paying member, 7 on Test, 7 on the US servers, and 7 on the EU servers.

Additional character slots can be obtained.
    Soara2 and Elyria like this.
  5. Elyria Well-Known Member

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I did Not know it was PER REGION....can't....breathe...:eek: *falls over, sticks out tongue
    Geroblue, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Does this mean your alt army is about to have a population explosion? ;)
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is the feeling I got, someone is going to have a multiple birth soon.
    Soara2 and Orionza like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm starting from scratch on AB. I have a whole crew on Skyfire. I don't really intend to go back to them, but I don't necessarily want to delete them. I wanted to see if I had enough slots to start nine characters so that I can have one of each crafter. Turns out I had ten open slots! I guess I went on a buying spree at some point and then went on a toon deleting spree later. o_O
    Soara2, SierraDawn, Momo and 2 others like this.
  9. Svenone Well-Known Member

Why AB? Just curious, being that it has fallen from grace as the "preferred server" of the socially starved masses. The "rats" are leaving that ship, and have been for a while now. AB has gone from "the place to be" to "the wasteland" in a very short time span.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

I've heard those same stories and have not found them to be true. In fact, if AB is dead, then Skyfire is dead, cremated, and the ashes scattered at sea. I play at prime time on the East Coast of the U.S. and this is what I've found:

• There is more activity in LFG on AB and the groups tend to fill fast. On Skyfire, I often seen people LFG for over 30 minutes and sometimes just give up. That's not all the time, but it's happened enough that I've noticed.
    • There is more activity and a better quality of activity in General Chat on AB. Other than trolling, there is not much activity in Skyfire General chat. It is so bad that I have dozens of toons on ignore and still end up having to turn off general chat. The general chat on AB is mostly filled with people chatting and being helpful. There are a couple of troubled people on AB, but I put them on ignore and it solved the problem. That's not bad at all.
    • I'm not a competitive raider, so I was pretty turned off by how much HoF and Maj'Dul seem to focus on that. I'm sure it's not all the time, but that's what I found when I visited.
    So, all of that to say I'm giving AB a go.
    Soara2, Sigrdrifa and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Great news!!

Welcome to AB, Dude. If you need help or anything, give me a shout. I have a solid group of friends spanning 4 or 5 guilds, we are casual and drama free, you are more than welcome to join us and you may find a guild you like. These people are always willing to help in any way that they can. I am quite positive that Meneltel will echo my sentiments.

Have fun and enjoy the journey, play your character, your way.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks! I appreciate the warm welcome.

Since I'm in character creation mode, do any of those guild happen to need or not need any class more than others? I have some classes that I don't care for, but I'm pretty flexible and like to be useful.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

From the talk in my friends circle, healers are the most in need. I believe they say we have 12 or more that can and will tank and only 1 or 2 that heal.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

That works. It will take me a few weeks to get up to the point where I can group, but I have both a defiler and a warden in my new crew. Unfortunately, the warden seems to be … well … how to say this … uh … good. I'm hoping that the permanent mask of that little wood elf is a sign of evil things to come, but so far he's good. :oops:
    Soara2, SierraDawn and Rosyposy like this.
  15. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I thought characters on Test didn't count against any character slot limits, or have I misunderstood ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The same number of toons you have access to on live is the same on Test. If you have bought character slots and have, for example, 15 character slots on live then you'd have 15 slots on Test. They are two separate regions so you'd have 30 characters total.
    Soara2 and flameweaver like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Don't worry, you will be corrupted in no time at all, Meneltel is good at that *grins* and the others will be happy to hear that a new healer is in the works. Welcome again to AB.
    Juraiya, Soara2, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  18. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I've got a question on chr slots, I could've sworn that when they did offer the silver membership, it unlocked a few more slots to use, but then they discontinued that offer, and if you had bought that feature, then whenever the account went non-paid, that the silver status was grandfathered in.

I've got 3 accounts, one with 9 chrs, one with 10 chrs, and one with 7. Know I know for a fact that I had the silver membership for the first 2 accounts, could've sworn that I did for the 3rd one as well. All three accounts have been flipped non-paid, first and third actually stopped being all access yesterday, middle account (with 10 chrs) has till the 29th). First account lost access to 3 chrs (no chrs on the membership required servers), 3rd account lost 5 chrs, not sure what the middle account will lose yet as it's still technically paid for a little over a week. And not even the /camp <chrname> will let me log into the chrs that have been locked.

My question is I thought that if the account had ever been flagged for silver, would it unlock more than the base 2 chr slots?
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Ask them to check https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new I would choose "I need assistance for technical issues", because in your case, if more slots should be available, and they are not available, then this is technical error. And if now they due not be available (in your case again), they will politely tell you about this. After this please, if it's not difficult for you, write here for us what they answered you :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I was looking at the options for that selection, and nothing really applies. Since I can only check as far back as 2 years on my account purchases, I can't say for sure if that particular account actually is silver and not reflecting it for some reason. And it only says "Free" under subscription level
    Soara2 likes this.