Noxious Dusting in Rattlebones fight applies incorrectly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Benj, Sep 3, 2023.

1. Benj Well-Known Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Combat
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Sometimes Happens

Zone: Raj'Dur Plateaus: The Hunt [Raid]
    Character: Level 125 Paladin

Summary: Noxious Dusting in Rattlebones fight applies incorrectly
    Description: During the fight with Slither Rattlebones, the detriment Noxious Dusting can apply increments, dealing more damage with each increment. The detriment's description, as seen in-game, states that it is applied when the target (me) is standing too close to a collapsed pillar, increasing increments if I stay too close. If I back out of the green cloud surrounding the collapsed pillar, the detriments should go down. My guild and I have successfully killed Rattlebones with this strategy.

Today, we damaged Rattlebones to the first collapsed pillar, got an increment almost immediately (as expected), but backing out to the next pillar (more than 30 meters from the collapsed pillar) did not remove the increments. On our second and third pulls, the increments began *immediately*, despite all pillars being intact. Standing directly on Rattlebones' tail caused the increments to count down. On the third pull, we managed to take down the first pillar, despite this bug. Once that happened, the increments started counting up again. No distance from the destroyed pillar, and no distance from Rattlebones seemed to have any effect in reducing the increments.