Now that the advanced solo loot has been adjusted down, how about upping the drop rate on the...

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Wurm, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Thanks to all us raiders -whiners that solo drops were better than heroic it appears solo were greatly nerfed and now neither solo nor heroic are worth to run... well except for spirits which the one can get by pure luck...
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

Well I didn't whine about it, nor did anyone else I can remember. I remember a lot of us asking for solo to be left alone and heroic to be boosted.
  3. Gaarysal Active Member

Why don't you just buy one off the broker? They are dirt cheap on permafrost, or just buy the ones from steamfont... There's enough useless crap dropping instead of real loot in the solos we don't need more.
  4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

@ Wurm
    You may be didn't but few were complaining about how unfair soloers can get fables drop with red slots and red adorn and how it shoud be changed to only legendary drops with yellow. How soloers do not need fables b/c they don't raid? You don't remember??? Go read another thread about it. And I was saying that I run solo for purely fables especially for new red adornments. Knowing soe we should've assumed that instead of increase of fables drop in heroic they would go the easiest way and nerf solo which they apparently did. It makes me really angry. I would love to get a fabled drop in solo.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

The fabled one is a lot better than the Steamfont ones. So your point is invalid. And its going for over 800 plat on my server.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

In skyshrine, each of the 3 Advanced Solo zones had a 100% chance of dropping a piece of equipment. There were only a few slots that dropped (main hand, off-hand, ring, wrist), but still, you always knew you were going to get a piece of gear.

The idea that 90-99% of the time we run these Advanced Solo zones we are going to get some recipe or potion or other crap and an entire loot table of all 7 armor slots, a necklace, 2 earrings, 2 rings, belt, charm, cloak, main hand, off hand, ranged, and even a shield is sitting there taunting us is really depressing. Especially when there is no smart loot, so your chance of getting an item that your character can actually use may be as low as 1/4 of 1%.

Advanced Solo zones are supposed to drop loot. Not potions. Not recipes. Not house decorations. Loot.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

I was one of the folks suggesting that solo Fabled armor drops should drop with 2 yellow adorns, the same for heroic Fabled drops and faction armor from the steward. None of this was calling for a nerf, perhaps you misread something. At the moment Heroic and Steward armor - which is more difficult to obtain than solo - drops with only a single yellow, so adding a second yellow would be a big boost. As for solo armor, it currently drops with a red slot, which is great for raiders. However, it's terrible for non-raiders, since the odds of them EVER getting a useful adornment for that red slot are virtually zero.

Changing it to double-yellow would not only bring it in line with the heroic, but would also make it - in practice - a much better item for non-raiders. My guild has been clearing two of each raid zone per weekend since the expac's launch and we've seen only ONE +Potency red adornment - which we discovered two weeks after launch (that means that out of all the 20+ guilds raiding on our server, only ONE dropped in all those zones).. so yes, one person might get super super lucky and get a useful adornment in that red slot, but for the majority this would cause nothing but frustration since non-raiders (by design) have no access to red adornments through any means in the game and so they would end up with R/Y item that has +ammo conservation in the red slot instead of having two yellow that both have a good adornment that makes them better.

This is the same reason that the signature reward cloak has a yellow slot, despite being quite difficult and time-consuming to obtain. For all the raiders, having a red slot on it would be much better, but then all the non-raiders would be screwed since they would now have a cloak with a red slot that they can't fill. Heck, even with the yellow slot there were already people complaining about how hard it was to get a yellow adorn (even though like 3-5 yellow runes drop in just about every CoE heroic zone).
  8. Gaarysal Active Member

Saving 2 infusions = a lot better to you? lol and if it really does mean that much to you then buy the 800p one
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

I side with Wurm and Feldon here. Solo was not an issue... raiders like myself were saying "boost Heroic and Raid so they are proportionately higher" I have no problems with Soloer's getting some loot granted I wouldn't classify it as Legendary... that is what the Treasured Tier was meant for; solo.

Treasured: Solo
    Legendary: Heroic
    Fabled: Raid (or Rare-Heroic)

Imo the issue in Solo is that the chance of getting Fabled was too high and now the inverse is true. The chance of getting even a Legendary is now too low and all people are getting is garbage Rivervale Mudslides and Dominicus Steaks (these were crap at least 3 months ago). Sony everfully fails to understand what players are asking for in balance.

Soloers: wanted instances they could run to get loot. Sony gave it too them but made the rewards too high it discouraged Heroic Content.

Heroic Players: Non feeling jipped for all but token-gear which they now have no shard quests to even run have almost nothing to do their content is replaced with Solo now.

Raiders: Want their gear to be reasonably higher quality than Solo gear and only decently above Heroic Gear. Many didn't mind the "rare mob" or "rare last-named drops" that were on par with EM raid gear but currently the stat differential between EM Raid and Fabled Solo was just too small. Ethereal drops also should have been a Heroic only drop not Solo to encourage grouping more.
  10. slippery Well-Known Member

Not everything necessarily needs to be higher. The ethereal stuff was fine. It's sufficiently rare, let it be good. The problem is the heroic stuff only having a yellow.

Really rare stuff can break the mold, there is nothing wrong with that imo. I also liked the method of the Guk Spire dropping better red adorns, I wouldn't mind that from some of the heroic challenge mobs now (but again, the loot would have to have red slots so you could put it on that gear).
    endertank likes this.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

I had totally forgotten Zraxth's Unseen Arcanum. I change my stance on Ethereals in Solo but still they should also have that exceptionally rare drop from Heroic imo.
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

You are ******* kidding me! In another thread you just stated that the rate drop of good gear in solo was too high! Now you are saying you didn't call for a nerf? Decreasing a not high rate of red adorns in solo as it was is a nerf.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

Spewing drivel out of your rear orifice doesn't make you look like you know what you are talking about. If you can't figure out the differences between the four dislodgers, I can't help you.

And why should I be forced to give someone my plat for a recipe that shouldn't be rare to begin with?
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Actually unless I have confused myself. I have always supported a rebalance of gear curves. I said and intended that good gear rates were too high. I didn't call for a nerf to the point of extremely low rates, I did however call for a rebalance as to what is dropping when.

Rebalance and Nerf are tricky terms. A Nerf implies an over-done reduction in something whereas a Rebalance implies that the original rate/power was out-of-balance and is now in-line with what was intended by development or expectations of players. I have used the proper term here. I called for a rebalance not a nerf, if Fableds were utterly removed perhaps that is a nerf. Instead making the Legendary gear worthwhile and moving Fabled to Heroic would be a rebalance.

Also when did I mention red adornments? I have always thought that they do not belong on Solo Gear, ever. If I have stated otherwise that is falsity on my own part and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. Please link the thread in which I have contradicted my statement.
  15. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I got a question. I know the last guy in Wurmbone End Solo has a 'hardmode' which others have a hard mode and how do you trigger them?
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Wurmbone's End is the only Advanced Solo zone that can go hardmode.