Nothing is more annoying than when

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by suka, Apr 14, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

my merc stands between me and then npc i am trying to talk to- or worse yet on top of them and i can't target them. i try moving around to get her off them, but Matri, who is way bigger than the gnomes and other npcs, thinks that protecting me means from the npcs too. any way to fix this? pets do it too. sometimes they stand between you and the banker - or on top of him.
    Jrel likes this.
  2. jblackfox Member

Almost as bad is the huge blue paw from my warder that covers a target mob. Yes I know I can tab to change targets but can't they make that paw a little smaller?
    suka likes this.
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Warden's tree does the same thing. Gets planted in the middle of the encounter, and you can't see the mobs or get a good target. Rogue/scout first world problems.
    suka likes this.
  4. Griff Well-Known Member

How about when a group of people insist on standing into the mailbox, banker, NPC or broker , on the largest mount possible forcing you to use other methods to target the NPC. That's tops on my list since controlling a pets pathing can be daunting to code, being polite as a player, well, that requires better social skill coding.
  5. konofo Active Member

I'm looking forward to seeing this thread renamed "Mercenary/NPC Interaction Feedback."

kono
    Avahlynn and suka like this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

yeah that is really annoying - people do it all the time. in both eq1 and eq2 i find myself having problems with that one.

edit: yeah being nice and considerate of others takes some thinking skills. being inconsiderate, rude, annoying and just plain mean takes no talent at all.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

ooo nice- i like -- hey mods, can we rename this one to that? or maybe "Mercenary/Pet/ Npc Interaction Feedback?
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Pets have done this from the beginning and it hasn't changed. This is why we get to suspend everything.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

if you are in a dangerous area and trying to talk to an npc to update a quest, that would be a very wrong time to have to suspend a pet or a merc. so suspending the creature does not solve the problem

edit: there are also other things that block our view and keep us from targeting things, gathering things, etc- like the beastlord paw and those awful little bats that should be a very cool effect but when your freeblood is wearing them, they obstruct her view and keep her from harvesting, among other things. I personally want a clear view of whatever i am trying to target. I don't want to have to suspend my merc or pet or mount, or click through them. i want my view always unobstructed. that means i want my pet and my merc to stand behind me. i was trying to click on an item last night in a zone to update my quest, with blue and white mobs all around me trying to hit me. what does my merc do? she stands in front of the item i am trying to target. When i moved around her, she moved too. suspending her was out of the question- without her i would have simply been dead. but darn it, she isn't supposed to protect me from the item i need to click for my update!
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

You can make the paw smaller yourself and move it somewhere it won't be in the way as well. Hit F10 and go fight something and alter it's size.
  11. Charlice Well-Known Member

The gathering goblin annoys me. He goes out of his way to hide so you can't take what he seems to class as HIS mats. I'm not sure who I hate most, him, Qho, or Nathan.
    suka likes this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

i'll have to try that- wish everything could be fixed that easily
  13. suka Well-Known Member

yeah the only toon i have that can see him easily is my fae- he is way bigger than she is.
    Charlice likes this.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Nothing is more annoying than being isolated on a server that can't even support 5 guilds capable of raiding.
    Deago and Pixistik like this.
  15. Ruckus Well-Known Member

This...and then some...sadly, our pleas for a server merge with Funrest go ignored and threads about such talk get shut down. =/
  16. Jrel Well-Known Member

It happens all of the time; unless I inch up on an NPC. There is no reason, when I stop, that the pet/merc has to keep going past me to stand in front of me. I can understand if it has no room to stop behind me when I stop; but otherwise, very annoying, and extremely annoying when harvesting for rares.
    suka likes this.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I just remembered something. Didn't they already make it so you can click through pets and other NPCs? There's some command or toggle that was added in the last year.

That's very rare. There's always the don't follow stance.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

you can click though them but that doesn't help if you can't see the object or person you are trying to click on.
    Jrel likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

you know, i was trying to look up that command, but can't find one. In eq1 if you click on yourself it will tell you how to toggle the click-through command so you don't target yourself, but not in eq2. seems we might be missing that ability here
  20. Deago Well-Known Member

Nothing is more annoying than coming out of your inn, going downstairs into the tavern and realizing all the jum jum wine is gone.

Ontopic:
    I go beastmode (unleash your beast illusion) and summon matri and stand on top of the banker/broker in Vess. Ultimate I need attention NOW! :p:p:p j/k

Oh....nothing is more annoying than trying to cast a druid portal in certain guild halls and it lags...so I cast ten more and all of the sudden I have rings...many rings...but I only pick one ring to rule them all...one ring to warp my butt ...one ring to vanish the rest and in the leafs void them...

:D
    Rhodris and suka like this.