"Not While Mentoring"

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-socrates399, Dec 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-socrates399 Guest

So....

Anyone know why when I press "Exchange Life" or "animist transference" when I'm mentoring on a group friend, I can't?

bug or working as intended?

Deathghost
  2. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

Can't explain it. I can Displace Life and Animist's Transference on groupmates while mentored. Trying it right now on Test, no problems.
  3. ARCHIVED-backyard Guest

depends if you have the lesser level of that spell at mentored level. if i have an assasin pet at level 70 and mentor to say lvl 10 chances are i may not be able to use that spell and a number of others.
  4. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

"depends if you have the lesser level of that spell at mentored level. if i have an assasin pet at level 70 and mentor to say lvl 10 chances are i may not be able to use that spell and a number of others."
    That is -supposed- to be incorrect. Quite a while ago they changed it so that all your spells/CAs just scale down to the level of the person you are mentoring. So that you dont need to go back through your old spell list and find appropriate level spells to match the level of the mentorie (and that was a living hell. LOL)
  5. ARCHIVED-socrates399 Guest

I think this is a bug because it was happening intermittently - but it was hard to tell since I was in a full group and was casting the spell (spells) on different group members and sometimes it would just say "Not While Mentoring". The group memeber I was casting it on might have made a difference, not sure.

Anyhow, I hope other people see it too eventually. I really hope they fix it.

Deathghost
  6. ARCHIVED-Bamfa_dexter Guest

Its buged, if I remember correctly it says "you dont have enugh HP to cast this spell" or something like that.