Not one to complain about a game but....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Indabuff, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Indabuff Active Member

I am really trying to enjoy the new expansion but its nearly impossible. Its bad enough the economy has gotten so far out of hand that the simplest of things cost absurd amounts of money. You add to that the difficulty of low level crafters even doing the sig line, as well as how rare the shadow books are and the fact that we now have to have these rare books to make experts which have always been done with simple rares. The few on the auction house are so ridiculously priced that if you want to have the recipes for the experts you either have to have an enormous amount of plat saved or you spend real money to buy in game money or give up and spend real money to level your spells. Maybe thats the point to force more cash sales. As one who can go with the flow most of the time, this is just becoming too much. Grinding over and over on stuff to hopefully get lucky enough to get a recipe book, or having to farm tokens for some of the recipes because they are limited use is just not fun. I have been here a long time, but think it getting close to being at an end for me.
    chattie likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can easily get the plat. Go and harvest in the non-aggro areas of the Blinding. Lantern Hogfish (the normal fish rare), and Radiant Pomes (the regular rare from lunar berry bushes) sell quite well.

Some shinies sell very well also. Now that we're a few weeks into the expansion, overland shinies sell for maybe 10p at the most, but instance shinies can go for much more. Enterprising soloers are auctioning loot rates for no-trade solo instance shinies and for the mount and other rare stuff that occasionally drops in solo instances.

Masters also drop in solos, not with great frequency, but you can either use or sell one if you get it.
    Cyrrena and Obano like this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

Actually the CD rares are selling nicely right now for harvesters. No one is selling many right right now. Those of us that do still harvest CD are using them to make celestial infusers to use for BoL mains & alts.
    Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.