Not much has changed

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Timebomb, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Timebomb New Member

Out of the 3 - 4 of us who posted extensively on this thread during beta, little to none of the things that were noted have been changed.

For starters, the way I understand this is that some of us had geared to Toxxulian rather quickly, and to combat that the items are no longer lore. So now you can be rewarded the same ring 24 times before you get a ring upgraded. I've also been rewarded items with LOWER stats than what I have equiped (Weird).

Pets: are still broken, and not in a way that makes it fun, Channelers, Necros, Conjurors, Illusionist, Coercer, Beastlord, Mystic, Defiler. 30% of your playable classes have significant nerfs for no reason, and arguably 5 of them aren't even crippled, they are entirely destroyed due to the pet changes and no longer are even usable or relative.

Stat caps in zones.. come on. At least remove the stat caps in DoV Zones entirely, the only fix that was done to gear as far as itemization is the fact that items no longer have 15k ability mod on them to begin with (Why they did anyway?) But stats still dont appear to matter after Antonican tier.. why?

The devs might be reading posts, however they only respond to "Oh sorry this quest is bugged, we'll fix it".

Mercenary gear has been nerfed to scale with zones (Cool) however you made the OP mercs come from pay to win crates. (Typical).

Denmum said the point of the server is not to get gear, so why have it at all if that's the case? If it is truly to get achievements etc.. it doesn't seem the focus is entirely on that either.

Runnyeye: The Gathering is broken, you zone in with 14% Potency and roughly 7-9k HP in a TSO zone.

Can a dev come forward to at least acknowledge and respond to the constant complaints that are being shown?
  2. Malachy Well-Known Member

It is sad how many things that have been pointed out have been ignored that affect multiple classes, but there are also many problems across the board that are game breaking:
    • Zone Resist caps. In my house I have 63% reduction of damage, so no zone caps. In a raid zone last night, we were capped at 3% reduction. In other words, most players were one-shotted from AE blasts.
    • The item, ability/spell cap in Velious zones is too severe, I should not be significantly beyond cap with expert spells, few L&L upgrades and ungrouped - it's why it takes so long to kill mobs here.
    • A large number of achievements are still broken, do not update and nothing of value is still available on the achievement vender.
    • Due to the many broken class abilities and unintended caps, there's a few good playable classes, but mercs from crates are superior to about a third of them.
    I have been a very strong advocate for this server, because it is so accessible to get back into the game and showcases what EQ got it's reputation for -- the lore and community. A big selling point was to be able to log in and group up instantly without having to worry about being 'too far behind' other players, but there's currently 22 players online right now (100+ on Maj'Dul) at this off peak hour.

We understand the lack of resources and most are willing to extend some grace to unpolished launches and a slow release of fixes, but the lack of communication is disappointing and likely the primary reason for a very quick die off. Hope L&L gets the love it needs, such an amazing idea. <3
    Proto12 likes this.
  3. Greene Active Member

This server will die in record time, I wouldn't waste time here hoping that things will be fixed or improved. But if you're having fun, by all means! ;)

The good news is the next TLE is looking to be really popular, a lot of my friends are coming back for this one and we can't wait :p
    Kotter and Siren like this.