Norrath time stops

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Koi_Dragon, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Koi_Dragon New Member

I'm not the only one getting this bug, but a few guildies have mentioned it as well.
    For some reason Norrath Time will actually stop after a certain amount of either time in a zone, or after a certain number of quests are completed in that zone. I only notice it when questing, so I'm not sure if it's based on how long I simply STAY in that zone or the number of quests completed.
    The only way to "fix" it is to log out to the character select, then back in. It'll jump time forward to when it's SUPPOSED to be, often times making very large jumps. But this is only temporary, because a while later it'll lock up again. I'll notice something is up, because if I mouse over my clock when it seems as though time has stood still for too long it'll say, for example, Norrath Time: 11:35pm. And will not progress. Then when I relog, it'll jerk to where it's supposed to be, and continue on normally....until it does it again.

It's not gamebreaking, obviously, but it is rather annoying. Is this a well known bug? If so, is it something in my settings or...something that can be fixed easily?
  2. Bibbs Member

I first petitioned on this issue in November 2012 and was only ever told that it was client side.

It is an annoying bug e.g. if a quest tells you to look for the npc at a specific time (morning/evening) or if you must wait x time to return for reward etc. Not game breaking but a nuisance nevertheless.

I normally "fix" it by zoning out and back in, but it's correct that the time often jumps quite a bit forward.
  3. Sapienta Active Member

This happens to me during every "night" in Butcherblock and so far, hasn't happened during "day". My Norrath time clock always stops at 14 minutes past, but the hour isn't always the same - 11:14 pm, 3:14 am, etc. Zoning fixes it, but if it happens early, it usually stops again before dawn. Zoning catches the clock up to where it would have been if it hadn't stopped, so if I wait too long, then I miss most of the day and am right back to it stopping again.

It's not a huge annoyance, but I am getting a little tired of spending most of my game time in the dark. I'm not sure if it's happening consistently for me in other zones as I've been working on getting all my characters their leapers and pack horses recently.
  4. LordTiras Well-Known Member

I've noticed this as well. Seems to happen in certain zones, and for certain specific times. For example I was harvesting in Rivervale and the clock got stuck at 11:34 AM (I believe). I was in there about 90 minutes of real time, and it changed only once - it jumped back to 7:xx AM, proceeded back to 11:34 AM, and stopped again. I have also seen night stick for a very long time out in Thundering Steppes, though I wasn't paying attention to the clock at that point and just kept wondering "when it would be day again". I do know it's client side as I was sitting with a friend logged in and we had vastly different times, and zoning syched my time to theirs, proving my desktop was the one out of whack with what the server believed. This probably is a code bug, where it's missing an internal update to some counter and then just stops trying, but can't be sure.
  5. Arbiter Member

"Holy necro, Batman!"
    Sorry to post in a somewhat old thread, but this problem is still happening, and it really sucks when you're trying to wait for nightfall at the McQuibble Farm. X( My game-time, my boyfriend's game-time, and the guy camping it with us's game time all froze at precisely 11:14, and none of us noticed because we were semi-AFK... we had to relog to fix it, but now we seem to have missed the quest spawn... (-_-)