noob question on auto attack

Discussion in 'General Scout Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Fibrizo darkbringer, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Fibrizo darkbringer Guest

Ive been trying to impreove my dps as much as I can, Trying diffrent casting orders and such.
    From reading on the forums It said that auto attack and CA's should be timed
    Im assuming that the mele progress bar is used for such timming, My question is when do i start casting ca's/spells as if im reading right casting will stop the auto attack from going off.
    Do I cast when the melee progress bar is just starting? middle? or ending so that i dont interupt the auto attack?
  2. ARCHIVED-Flotsuum Guest

It’s my impression that the auto attack coincides with the bar reaching the end (if I’m wrong please correct me). It doesn’t matter when you fire your CA’s as long as the melee bar is cycling in a nice smooth rhythm, I usually start my timing with the bar at the far left side, or the beginning. You will want to use weapons with a 4.0 second delay as this is the delay of the Myth and the best offhands and you might as well get use to that timing. I use 2 CA’s per auto attack as this works best for me, some min/max’ers may use a different setup but I have never claimed to be a uber swashie. 2 CA’s per autoattack also gives me some room for error depending on my current haste buffs. Good luck to ya.
  3. ARCHIVED-isyl Guest

Now what im wondering about is, where do i find the melee progres bar at ? Cant seem to see it anywhere...

thanks in advance
  4. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

You're looking for the user interface which can be found here: ProfitUI
  5. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Ashur@Befallen wrote:
    One distinction to make is that it doesn't really "stop" the auto-attack but it does DELAY it. You can cast whatever CAs or spells you want but just try to make sure that the ability you use finishes prior to the auto attack going off. If you use a long-casting ability right before your auto-attack was suppose to swing, you are preventing the swing from occurring until after the CA/spell finishes casting. So, you can squeeze a fast casting CA in pretty close to the end. You just don't want to start a 3 second cast ability when there is only 1 second left prior to your Auto-attack etc.
  6. ARCHIVED-resus Guest

you can finsih a spell or an ability 1 sec after the timing attack and you will DB. It work for me