Non-TOV gear (or The frustration of progression)

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Pooka, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Pooka New Member

I'm part of a progression guild on Antonia Bayle. Our raid toons are currently locked at 90. This update hurts our ability to raid.
    • DPS and MA swapped but not on non-TOV gear
    • DPS and MA adornment slots not swapped
    • Spell weapon stats removed without anything in return

I absolutely understand why DPS and MA were swapped. I am all for a reduction in lag. I also understand not wanting to dig into the item database on older gear. And, of course we could theoretically reforge MA into DPS. However a lot of gear already has both. Even if it doesn't already have both, ignoring the fact that MA is worth less and DPS costs more to reforge, only being able to reforge 80% of MA off any given piece makes it not a direct translation. Dropping the 10% cost of reforging is awesome. It means that 4.4 MA becomes 2.4 DPS instead of 1.6, sweet. If I had 600 MA from gear, I can only reforge 480 (80%) of it, but that 480 MA will not become 480 DPS.

The adornment slot thing? Regardless of the level of adorn used, we've got half as much potential from white DPS adorns as we had from white MA adorns.
    MA white adorns can go into six potential pieces of gear: forearms, legs, ranged, cloak, and charm x 2.
    DPS white adorns only go into three: chest, neck, and waist.

The spell weapon stats are gone because spell weapons now use melee stats. Cool. Except that those stats have been stripped from Non-TOV gear and nothing in their place. Even when we didn't directly use it, it was often what we reforged. So 2.7 spell weapon DPS which reforged provided me with 1.2 spell reuse. Between 11 pieces of gear I eked out 20 spell reuse from stats that are no longer there. This gear is now weaker.

tldr: I know old content is a low priority, but throw us a bone here.
    Xandez likes this.
  2. Xandez New Member

^
    THIS!

Had 600+ MA, 250+DPS, 60 AEauto etc earlier. Now after reforging what i could i have ~200 MA and ~450DPS and a whopping 7 AEauto!

Feeling a little gutted. So decided to go questing some new gear... There was no gear choices from the quests, also the exchange merchant was gone.

But hey, maybe they'll fix this soon enough, right? :p
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Hum.... had a little over 600 MA around 400 DPS and 100 AE, now, that i have to had to switch ALL red and yellow to CC and after reforging.
    I got around 200 MA, around 600 DPS and still around 68 AE. I´m fine.
    Oh, forgot to mention, i have yet to get some new gear (its all the from past gear)... well i´m just around 200k and 220k on raids on health, that i had to raise ^^ i konw ;)
    Xandez likes this.
  4. Xandez New Member

*edit*

NM, repeating myself.. .:p
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Just a note about Raid HP for starting off.

Tanks: 700K+ with buffs.
    Melee Classes: 500K would be great but you can skate by with 300-400 if you joust.
    Ranged Classes/Mages: You can survive with 250-300K HP.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

to OP.

No reason to be upset about spell weapon things gone. The ranged damage of spell weapons is fixed and 600dps and 200 attack speed work great for wands and similar weapons. You will see increase in your outgoing damage.