Non-solo/Non-raid AA/song choice

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-karrani, May 20, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-karrani Guest

Ok, I have a raiding 80 Illi and 80 Mystic. But for the last few weeks I have been leveling a Troub. He is lvl 72 now. All the AA threads I have seen havea been orientated towards raiding or soloing. I 3 box with a 80 monk, either an 80 warden or the mystic, and the troub. At the level now where I plan on doing instances with the troub in groups.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what AA's and songs I should be running? Mainly for instances with pickup groups till my guild needs a Troub instead of one of my others. I can then utilize one of the many raiding troub threads here and on flames. I have 120 AA's and put them kinda haphazardly and play the normal kinda songs. Other than 51% group haste, it hasn't really mattered with my 3 box team as I plow thru ^^^ yellows and oranges before some of my CA's refresh.
    This is my first scout type after many years of fighters/mages/healers so don't have a real good feel yet on how he can benefit a group best.
  2. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

the songs you should run in group are very similar to the song you play in raid:
    Aria's (always)
    Alin's (unless you have a scout tanking)
    Allegretto
    Fortifying song
    Power Ballad (unless you have another mana regen or stuff is dying really fast)
    Alternate: Arcane ward (using this lots now since i have the choker. also useful in select zones (SOF, MC (for sandstorm), chelsith (3 mobs have arcane aoe's) etc)
    Swan song not worth much in heroic content (though i do put it on if i'm in charge of mezzing the sisters in MC)
    Similarly the aa setup best for raids is best for groups:
    STA (4-4-4-8)**
    WIZ (4-4-6-8-1)**
    AGI (4-4-4-8)
    INT (4-1)
    Ressonance (3 or 5 in power ballad - 5 arcane - 5 arias - 5 JC - 5 elemental - 1 resonance)**
    Sonics (5 Shrill - 5 Group Shrill - 5 thunderous - 5- POTM - 1 Sonics)**
    Harmonization (some permutation of points so that you get end ability. put 3 in peaceful melody so you can get JC points without wasting any in Quirons)
    I put ** by what i would do first with the cadveat that 4-1 in AGI is nice early for bump to macro with Night Strike and getting 5 points in JC, POTM and Aria's before taking end abilities.
    Enoa.templar.kithicor / Oloheo.troub.kithicor / Balorn.necro.kithicor
  3. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Possible edit to "Alin's (unless you have a scout tanking)" ... if the scout (or other non-fighter) clicks off Alin's on his own "spell effects" window, the rest of the group will be de-hated while the tanking scout won't. So if your tanking scout understands that, Alin's can still be a good choice.

Also, I box a troubador behind a paladin with Master1 Amends if we're running a short-staffed guild group, and I never run Alin's. If your pally tank has a good Amends target (and a reasonably-good Amends upgrade, Adept3 or Master1) you can probably get away with something else there, too. (He's usually singing procs, haste, mana regen, STR/STA, and defense).
  4. ARCHIVED-roces9 Guest

In an isntance group, my standard setup is:
    Alins(deaggro), Aria (proc), Allegro (haste), Bria (power) and Raxxyl's (str/sta)
    Plus your self buff and whatever AA buffs you get(fortisimo, heroic storytelling etc). If you have a Pally tank or someone who you have supreme confidence in their aggro abilities, then you can shut off Alins(deaggro) and run Swan Song(spell skill) or even one of the Resist/Wards. Likewise if you have another bard or a chanter in group, or you're killing things really fast you can drop Brias and run one of the afore mentioned buffs.
    Swan song does work wonders for orange cons or in a situation where you are the group's primary CCer.
    I know I slip this into just about every Troub post I make, but the trick with having the *Non-fighter* Tank just click off Alin's in their buff window is great. I use it on my troub whenever he Duos or gets stuck tanking something and it works wonders.
  5. ARCHIVED-Iamken Guest

Enoa@Kithicor wrote:
    I apoligize for the bump, but how would TSO AA's fit into this nice setup? Any changes to this pre-TSO info? Thanks! =)
  6. ARCHIVED-Gojirax Guest

In TSO I would put in Performer Avoidance (Assuming you have 5 points in Peaceful link from the Scout tree in TSO for the added 800 Mitigation) in place of Alin's if you have a tank that's light on Mitigation.
    You can actually add more Physical MIT than a Templar/Conji or Shaman with that AA.. Also good for Solo play.
    I would also pickup the Endline ability in the scout TSO tree ASAP. The deaggro. It hits for 3-4k and drops you 1 hate position, awesome for when you try to charm or mez a mob and it comes after you on a resist. Drops it instantly back on the tank and you can re-charm/mez.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ballads Guest

Alot of people put to much value into fortifying song and bria's. So you add 100sta to mages and preist wow whats that 100hp to mages,400 for a tank and 2-300 to scouts/priest depending on how close to the cap they are? Check with your scouts, do they need str? Bria's master 1 with the charm enhancment and 5 AA is what 75 every 6 seconds? 12.5 PowerPerSecond? So as about equal to hearts/shards, mages self or targeted power canni, or 1 piece of power return proc gear.
    Aria
    Alin's
    Haste
    Performers avoidance (strengthened links)
    Swan song caster heavy or fortifying if scout/fighter heavy, if you know a mobs damage type maybe sub out for one of the resist AA wards or ror even.