No XP for completing Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Arfa, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Arfa New Member

Hi all I am a returning player who has been back about 2 weeks. Last night Turned in the sig quest Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach, Which for my last 3 toons has been sending me to max level (110) with it's xp. This time no xp at all from it. The only change between this and the last 3 is the bonus week going on. so my questions are:

1. Was it normal to level 4 or 5 levels on completion of this quest? (with xp potion and vit)

2. How can I recover the xp if it is normal?

Cheers all
  2. Arfa New Member

one extra thing I just noticed is it stripped all my adv vit that was left (around 65%) so it looks like it tried to do it but never awarded the xp? anyone from DBG can help with that?
  3. Rolant Active Member

It happened to me once when I thought my character would go from 105 to 110 with vitality and xp potion going on. My other characters could successfully go from 105 to 109, or 106 to 110, so I thought maybe there is a code limiting the 5-level jump (which I really don't know why).
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

For All-Access members, check your AA slider - I had one of mine get stuck at 100% AA and she was at level 106 for quite some time before I realized it. Unless you are still earning AAs, it should be at 100% XP.
  5. Arfa New Member

yep slider was fine, funny thing is I needed less than the 3 I did last week was about halfway through 97 when I turned it in
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

7. Rolant Active Member

This happened again to my other char... I'll /bug this later but it's possible that this may be a classic integer overflow problem.

After finishing "Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer", I got 582,089,664xp + 1,343,137,280xp bonus (veteran 200%, vitality on, buff bonus 30%). That's total of 1,925,226,944xp and it was enough to go from level 106 to 110. 1,925,226,944 looks awfully close to 4-byte signed integer limit 2,147,483,647 so it's apparent it went over the limit when I had the xp potion (110%) on top of that when I finished "Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach" when I got no xp at all.

It would be a pretty big code change if they are to fix this properly, and given how rare this case is, it'll probably be a Won't Fix.