No white shards from Sleepers Tomb

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Mohee, Sep 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Yeah, I was thinking the same. They finally added white shards to the Skyshrine instances so it would be nice to see some white shards in ST, too.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

This instance is linked to the storylines for Chains of Eternity. It will not have shards from Velious. It is 500 or 600 years in the past.
    Lots of other instances to run to get shards.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Am I crazy, or did it not drop blue ones in the raid instance?
  5. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

The point is, nobody does those instances anymore...
    Why can't velium shards exist back then? Pretty sure in Velious, velium has existed longer than 500 to 600 years ago.
    COE storyline or not, it still seems like a velious zone to me!
    Speaking of lore, if this zone is set to 500 or 600 years in the past, then that means this should be almost the exact same as Sleepers Tomb in EQ1 when it was released back in 2000. Since EQ2 is set 500 years after EQ1, and over 100 years have past in EQ2 already. The times match up, why are the warders level 110 in EQ2? Did they de-level 35 times in EQ1 instantly for some reason? I'd like this question of lore cleared up :) thanks
  6. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

Since when has mob level had anything to do with lore?
  7. ARCHIVED-tomsky Guest

Keep it how it is without white shards for the following reasons:
    a) The zone only drops jewelery and 1 possible weapon. People are still going to need to run Skyshrine Zones for faction/Armor.
    b) It doesn't invalidate the Skyshrine zones instantly.
    c) What Kander said.
  8. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    Yes, the blue shards drop from the raid version so thie Dev's comment makes no sense =P
  9. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

swedago wrote:
    Ok, yeah, thats why I thought. Seemed odd for him to give a 'lore' cop-out answer when the raid content is in direct conflict with his statements.
    So add white shards to heroic, or remove blue shards from raid?
    *Edited to remove commment that was deemed 'Trollish"*
  10. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

In the past? Make them "ancient" white shards then...
    Seriously, it's a heroic instance. No reason not to have shards to encourage grouping.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

or maybe it's becuase there's a LOT more group instances to get white shards then there are raid instances for blue shards?
    lets see. white shards come from: 3 ToFS instances, 3 Rime instances, 3 Kael instances, 3 drunder instances, EoW, 4 SS instances. so basically for white shards right now you've got 17 places to go. and all of them resetable every 1.5 hours.
    so for raid shards what do we got. Kael and Rime, which I think is one zone each. 3 SS zones, 3 Drunder, PoW, ToFS x2 and Drunder x2. in all these instances every named drops I think 2 shards. they all can only be done like what, once every 2-3 days? and now ST. so there's like 12 places to get blue shards. and it's not like you can run them several dozen times a day, either.

considering the lockout timers there's a TON of white shards to get easily and quickly. no need to add white shards to ST. as it gives everyone a reason to still do SS zones or DoV zones. which means all those folks that have been still leveling or getting thier aas to hit 92 may actually be able to get groups for the access questline in Skyshrine.
  12. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Kander wrote:
    Hm...no shards from Velious which could also mean there will be shards just not from the Velious part of content. Given CoE is on the way, this zone is linked to it, so we'll get whatever "shards" are for CoE's gear.
    Or so how it seems to me. :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    You can also get (if I remember correctly) 3 white shards in one run through Delving Dead in Sinking Sands, just by picking up the quests at the monolith when you first enter.
  14. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

you want shards?

run a zone that drops it. a dev has all ready posted that it's not a bug.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

swedago wrote:
    Thanks! I didn't think about that at all!!!
    Because of this, shouldn't SOE either add White Shards to ST Heroic, or Remove the blue shards from the raid version (if you want to keep your lore in check)

:)
  16. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Mohee wrote:
    We should add, not only do they drop blue shards, but they drop more blue shards than other zones. The final kill rewards 5, and i'm not aware of any other zone giving that many.
    I'm not sure how Kander's logic really holds up given the facts on the ground and the raid zone being setup exactly opposite to what he stated.