No Vital Trigger? (Paladin)

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Naneeje, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Naneeje Well-Known Member

In some current AA specs, a few well known Pallies are not using Vital Trigger. I am having some amazing results with it as one of my top DPS (After Ascension) abilities. Due to my constant absence with work, was hoping you could fill me in, not worth it?

Crusader's faith, Aggressive power
    Vital trigger,
    Righteousness
    Ancient Wrath
    Vital trigger, (2)
    Holy Ground, single target
    Vital Trigger, (3),
    Whatever x2,
    Vital Trigger, (Final blow).

Always above all other abilities including Zealous Smite. Just curious folks, thanks.
    Dude likes this.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I've always thought it looked like a great ability... its just so hard to get that far down the line to pick it up.

I was hoping with the level increase we might get some more allowed points to spend.

*edit* I found a way to get it without messing up my current build. I'll try it out and let you know what I think.
    Dude likes this.
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

OK all I can say is "WINNER" feel like an idiot for not using it earlier. :oops:
    Dude likes this.
  4. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but I believe Righteousness is not correctly applying. The debuff says a certain amount, but, I tested it on some trash yesterday. I did the same mob twice, once using it and once without, same rotation, and wow, almost everything I hit dropped in half the time using the Divine Debuff and then divine spells.
    As an experienced Paladin, the issue that most new Paladins have is applying Divine damage after the divine debuff.
    But ya, the fight needs to last 10 seconds for Vital Trigger to hit hard, but it's worth it, especially when you finish the last Vital Trigger, your increments of Divine Territory is always at 60, so you can click that as well.

What I need to learn is what Ascension to take, and now to get them into my rotation. I am still on Ascension 3. I have Etherealist and Geomancer done, Need to start Thurma now.

Where is everyone getting ascension exp? The nerf bat hit TOT missions hard. I barely get 10% per full round.
    Dude likes this.
  5. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Solo, Advance Solo and Heroic Missions in KA are your best best for Ascension XP.

And I went full on Etherealist as far as my Ascension choice.

Since we already debuff Arcane its the best choice IMO.

Geomancer is nice for a tank, but I haven't really needed it even in Expert Heroics.
    Dude likes this.
  6. Tsurupettan Active Member

I haven't touched my paladin seriously since AOM, so I had to go back and look at Vital Trigger, as I couldn't remember what tree it was buried in. I don't understand how people are passing it up! Where's the opportunity cost for giving it up? The majority of tanks in that tree are maxing out the pot line, taking the CB line as needed (dropping points as you go over cap), taking their respective non-Diamond Flesh ability and then dumping the rest into the max hp.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Ogdinmar Active Member

Yeah diamond flesh is garbage. Vital trigger on a guard and pally is really nice. the ability itself has been a top parser for a couple xpacs now.
    The_Real_Wurm and Dude like this.