Fixed Internally No trade overseer agents

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by tbone88888, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Thank you for the communication.

This is a fine justifiable statement/solution _IFF_ the specific items from that expac's collector/premium edition claimable box are the ONLY ones which are NOTRADE. That is not how it is now.

I.e. not all versions of Xiang Je should be NOTRADE after the fix, just the ones that came from a claimable box. The RNG is broken enough with giving dozens and dozens of Ulgar Malshadow, Yano Accelerando and Belzinga Morninglight and extremely few Xiang Je's and other T1's in the first place.

1) Overseer agents earned through the actual overseer window should not be NOTRADE.
    2) Please put the agents on the NPC buyable for rejected resume's or some other currency to mitigate the RNG.
    2a) _ANY_ RNG-dependent mechanic, especially mechanics where you have to exhaust the RNG (get all the things in the loot table) should have an associated currency where you can reject the RNG-awarded item to get currency and later buy the things from the loot table. You can still set different prices for different items in each loot table, even exorbitant prices; but that way people earn _some_ progress toward what they want instead of _zero_ progress when the RNG doesnt smile on them.

Again, thank you for revisiting and communicating.
  2. Observing Active Member

Exactly zero of my now incorrectly-marked no-trade agents were acquired by /claim.
    The correct way fix this problem is separate the agent items from quest rewards and /claim.
    And the best stop-gap fix is not what you have done, but to disable those two specific /claims.
    Every one who wanted to abuse the tradable /claim have done so because they had two years!
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Soo, are yall gonna fix this or what?

I am now getting agents that are no trade that I already have and I cant convert them, so the only thing I can do is destroy them, I would like to trade them for agents I can use.

Wasn't a problem till you started messing with things.
    Chaeli and The Martian like this.
  4. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

This ^^^

Every agent obtained as a mission reward should be heirloom and convertible.
  5. The Martian Active Member

I Have never /claimed a overseer agent (and didn't purchase the expansion ++ where it was possible). Every rare one I had (a few are now destroyed) I earned from quests (even a few of the ultra rare ones). I 2nd the motion that there should be a difference between claimable items, and the ones earned. I put up with the ones that were not covertable, at least I could store them, and use them for a new toon. But what was done was really harsh, and with no notice too. (I can see why if the powers that be see it as an exploit). However for us regular users, it really hurts. I agree with the sentiments above, and the fact that we are getting drops of useless agents (nevermind that the really good mercenaries are really rare), and they are not lore so that we don't keep getting them really screws around the users. At least the mercenaries are lore. (So you don't keep getting a dump of crappy mercenaries). The system needs an overhaul (I see that it suppose to be getting one in the What is up and coming map), but in the mean time... THIS REALLY SUCKS! (there It had to be said, I don't want to offend anyone, but I can't help what I am feeling)
  6. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Same issues here, i have a huge collection of Agents and especialy the once which were claimable form the BoL Expa or have been rewarded from the Overseer Quests from BOL Expa are gone from Hierloom to No Trade.

In Shared bank and on my toon i stored all the overhang Agents i have got over the time.

Pls make them Hierloom again.

Greetings Hellfiren
    The Martian and Rattophaxe like this.
  7. The Martian Active Member

I must know even when they were for sale, they were only selling for a few copper.. Not a great trade for time invested to make $$$$ .. would take a long time to make a gold, nevermind a plat.
  8. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

9. Taled Well-Known Member

No.

Honestly, I get why you're all desperate for this, but it's a waste of your time. Even if they *did* decide to make the change, they would almost certainly not change any *existing* items, because there is no way for them to differentiate whether you /claimed them or got them from a mission without doing a wasteful amount of log trawling, and there realistically isn't any good reason for them to go through the effort.
  10. Thordalf Developer

I'm currently unable to reproduce the removing of a NO-TRADE item/agent from a shared bank problem. I've been able to remove anything marked NO-TRADE from my shared bank to my local inventory with no issues. I'm not able to move them to another shared bank slot (which is intended) and I cannot move it back into the shared bank once removed (also intended).
    Am I missing any other details?
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

I don't want to remove them from the shared bank! There is no problem getting them out of the shared bank! It's getting them into the shared bank that is the issue!
  12. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

And yes, we know its "intended". We'd still like it changed, thank you very much.
    Pixistik likes this.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

They're railing over the unfairness that the agents were made no trade, not that they can't access the ones they have in storage.

Honestly, the best response is likely to just move this thread to the closed bugs section because the issue is as resolved as it is going to get. What they want isn't going to happen, and it's been made fairly clear.
    Twyla likes this.
  14. JanEQ Active Member

This "bug" is showing as "Confirmed" as a bug. Please don't move it to Resolved status until the issue is truly resolved.

Newly acquired overseer agents obtained as a mission or chest reward shouldn't share an item ID for an item that's obtained via a per-character claim. We agree that the overseer claimed should be No-Trade; however, overseer agents obtained as mission or chest rewards should be heirloom and should NOT be tagged as No-Trade since the only apparent reason for making these overseer agents obtained via claim No-Trade is to limit the number of claimed agents.
  15. Taled Well-Known Member

What they confirmed was that they made items in peoples shared bank no trade and that they were not removable at the time. That has been fixed, according to player and dev responses.

The devs have clearly stated that the agents are meant to be no trade due to them being 'infinitely' claimable - What you're looking for is *feedback* about them changing it, not a *bug report* about something being broken.

SHOULD the claimable and rewarded versions be different? Yes.
    ARE they different? No.
    Is that a bug? No. Is it bad for the customers? Sure. Is it likely to change? Not really.
    Twyla likes this.
  16. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Sure its a "bug". It's bugging us, and we're bugging them. Well, trying to, anyway. Thankyou for the reminder of the existence of /feedback; I'll add that to my list of channels to complain in.

Of course, the thing I really don't understand about this is -- why now!? The people who bought BoL and did the "create toon -> /claim -> shared bank -> delete toon" thing have had their fun and got away with it. What the &^%$ is the point of stamping on it now?? The only people this hurts is those who got -- and are still trying to get -- their agents the hard way.

So here's an alternate suggestion: increase the drop rate on those season 1 agents significantly -- and make them "smart" loot, so the ones that drop are the ones that the toon running the mission doesn't have in their collection. The people who did the trick to get the full set over and over get nothing out of this; the rest of us get a way to catch up.
    Twyla likes this.
  17. Ratalthor Developer

Is anybody unable to remove any of these items from their shared bank?
  18. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Well, all of us who have agents in the shared bank who don't dare move them because we won't be able to put them back there again....

I don't suppose you'd like to comment on my humble suggestion in post#36 above...?
  19. Observing Active Member

I am unable to move them in the shared bank.
  20. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Bumpitty because this still exists along with all the new Overseer problems, and the thread now says "info needed".

1) most Season 1 Agents are still NOTRADE, even ones not gotten through /claim.
    ----------->(summary: the exploiters have already had their exploit. The only people being hurt by this change are people who got their agents through the actual interface). AT LEAST make separate Item ID's for the /claim agents and make those NOTRADE, or rollback the NOTRADE "fix" until just prior to the next TLE server rollout and take the intervening time to implement the full and proper change.

2) Agents are still not for sale on the Quartermaster NPC for the currency that you get for all the unwanted Agents.
    --------->If you're going to keep such a demonstrably biased RNG _and_ maintain a currency system for this exact mechanic, then marry the two together and put Agents (and quests) on the NPC which exists for this exact mechanic

3) Season 4 Overseer quests are giving earlier season rewards.
    ---------> No more Luclin resources and Shadowscream books from Season 4 quests please. There are also reports where the Overseer interface states that new-season rewards are given when old-season rewards are actually given. Daily heritage crate quest should move to the new heritage crates. VOV 30min-30min-weekly (which used to be 30min-30min-30min) is unadjusted, should get serious love since that last quest takes 336 times as long as it used to; should give something very special.

4) Season 3 Overseer quests have been reported as not being buyable in the charged version with a "that quest does not exist" message.
    ------->Also please consider increasing the charged quest limit as we have more old-season quests to choose from.

I understand you've got a lot to do. The new dungeon zone is quite enjoyable, nice puzzles in the combat content, many complements to the chef. But please dont tease in the patch notes "New Overseer season with many player-requested features" when NONE of the largest issues the players have requested have been addressed. I thought the Overseer season was going to start in two more weeks. Please take the time you need before releasing features. I think you'll find that the playerbase is much more patient for new things to take a little longer than for things to be released in a broken state or worse a fix that puts things into a worse state than they were before the fix.
    Observing and Rattophaxe like this.