no risk no fun

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by juliette06, Jun 14, 2017.

1. juliette06 Member

as i already said game is so much easier than in 2006 ..i am 80 and with my mercenary i can kill mobs85 +++ even if they are 3 (i play in sebilis .;and at the time we needed to be 6 very well stuff to play in this zone etc etc..
    i mean i am happy to play with my mercenary because this zone is empty now.. and without him i could not play.. but at the time it was much more challenging and now i play with no risk..but much less fun..and without my mercenary just impossible (alone) ..hum..what to do??
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't know what class you play or which mercenary you have, but you can do a couple of things.

Move on to another zone, because at level 80 you are capping out Sebs. You can be doing TSO stuff (which is in general harder than Kunark was though similar level range) or move on to the Sundered Frontier/Stonebrunt Highlands which goes from late 70s to 90. Or maybe Velious which was 85-90 (higher than 90 if you count Withered Lands and Cobalt Scar) though I think you have to be 85 to start getting any of the Velious quests.

Switch to a different sort of mercenary.

You could try to solo it or find a friend and do a real duo. Without knowing more about your class, gear, or aa set up I can't say much more on that front.

With the gear changes over the years, a player is going to be way more powerful than they were back when the content first released. I mean when Kunark was new we still had to stat juggle. Now the gear one gets in Kunark from easy quests is better than gear that used to drop in level 90 zones in Sentinal's Fate expansion.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

The only way to solo with risk is to put the merc up and play at your natural level...whatever that is.

My zerker, for example, with quest gear can solo 3-4 levels above his own pretty well. With double ups & triple ups..its doable, but you need to take care in your pulls or you die.

That said, joining a guild on your server would put a lot more fun in your gameplay.
  4. Chrome New Member

I'm thinking just pull more mobs - If you ain't dyin, you ain't tryin! ;)

If the heroic content is a bit too easy with merc, you could also try a raid zone. Go take on PR and a few other places. As mentioned above, maybe check out some of The Shadow Odyssey timelines & dungeons.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Go solo munzoks... Then say it's easy
  6. Ryuken Active Member

Join a guild / group up with some friends! :)

Content is always much more fun when playing with friends and guildies!
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I notice they've buffed old loot, but not all of it. The current situation is that legendary gear at low levels is often less buffed than Treasured, and normal chests drop much more often than Ornate. So replace your gear with Legendary (non buffed) and crafted gear to get closer to the original feeling. Don't use the merc in anything but a dungeon with heroic ^^^'s. We didn't have that option at all until Age of Discovery - but of course, we also had low level friends to group with. If you want to have a mentored level100 friend with you, make them a set of crafted level 90 gear to help their stats stay lower. The handcrafted ones from the Far Seas Pricing books work well (some of it looks nice too). It will still make them uber, but not unbelievably uber like the Thallumbra and later gear does.

The problem with too much uber-stats while chrono'd or mentored is - there is no need to follow strategies or learn them. The fun of knowing how to beat Kurn's tower is lost if you just one shot everything. There is no pride in that.
  8. Nuhvohk Active Member

come to Fallen Gate server when it opens in 10 days, it will be plenty difficult
    Lagerale and Semperfifofum like this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

This might be changed with Fallen Gate's release. I know a lot of the old unaltered gear that was out of progression got realigned during the beta. I can't speak for anything post 20, but up to that point most everything I ran into was changed over the course of beta.
    Lagerale and Semperfifofum like this.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

They say if you get bored farming mobs... you aren't pulling enough mobs!
    Finora likes this.
  11. Yards Well-Known Member

I took a risk, bought this xpac, and it's no fun.
    Livejazz and Meneltel like this.