No New AA till Late 2008 ?? Please reconsider !

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Niende, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Shompta Guest

I love everything about the new expansion except the lack of AAs. To me AAs are what make advancement not feel like a grind. AAs make it rewarding to go out and do all the quests and explore all the areas looking for all the named mobs. AAs mean you can advance your character by going to any area that is interesting to you. Without AAs, as soon as you hit the level cap the only way to advance is to grind the same instances or raid zones over and over.
  2. ARCHIVED-Leatherneck Guest

Yah. What Shompta said. I honestly don't get why people get all that excited by adding levels. You get the same ole spells and abilities you've had the last umpteen levels. Rarely is anything new added. AA on the other hand allows you to spend your development however you'd like.
  3. ARCHIVED-TheGuyWithOneArm Guest

i think they should add it all and stop being so lazy
  4. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Chances are that the Everquest 2 team has 40 members MAX. Unlike WoW and EQ1, EQ2 doesn't have as many developers. They do what they can in the amount of time they have to do it.
  5. ARCHIVED-HollowMan11 Guest

Rahatmattata wrote
    I agree. Something really needs to be done to the arena to get people to actually go into it. I think it would be alot of fun if there was actually people to go against.
  6. ARCHIVED-Leatherneck Guest

[p]Maybe random "card" from the new cardgame could drop in the Arena.[/p][p]Which leads me to another idea....I should go find that thread and post it.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Kimage Guest

[p]/em steps up onto soap box and starts preaching!!!! [/p][p]More AA? well kinda on the fence on this one. I would say ney if I had to say anything. The reason being for my class most Raiding Defilers go the same way ( there is some variation, but not a whole lot ). [/p][p]Also just my /2cp this switching AA's at will is just down right STUPID! IMHO part of making yourself a good player is finding the AA line that suits you best. I have spec'd to better the raid. Why because I am a raiding Defiler and the way I have spec'd has made me a better healer. The game is full of decisions and I feel that this should ber one of them - do you want to be raid spec'd OR group / solo spec'd. One or the other. In all honesty how much can your group spec be different than your raid spec. Personally my AA's make me a better healer - good for groups and raids. Got a DPS toon - same thing - you are going to go down the AAs to max your dps right? how would that be differnet in a group vs raid... you still max your dps to kill things faster right? The only benefit I see for this is for the chronic solo'rs[/p][p] By GAWDS if this does go through - then have a fee for it. Not just some free or easy quest thing to get. And make it more than just a couple silver. Honestly if your end game - and can go and switch out then yo ucan afford to pay something for this. 10-20-30 g each. [/p][p] /em steps down off soap box.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Geinoch Guest

I would rather increase the number of AA abilites/spells, more archetype etc you can chosse... It would increase the differences between people
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Accually if I remember the number a dev quoted me at fan fair right EQ2 has like 55 devs on it. However, every dev has his or her area of expertise and just like you wouldn't want a Motercycle Mechanic to work on your Puris, you don't want the Iteamization Dev to work on making AAs. Unforunatly, the experts at making AAs are also the ones that are the experts at making spells(makes sence as they are almost the same thing), as such you can choose one or the other for them to work on, but not both. Otherwise we would end up with the same problems we had with AAs we had when KoS launched, most of the AAs where useless and the few that where not where buggy as all getout.
  10. ARCHIVED-Leatherneck Guest

As a chronic soloer, I gotta agree. I"m not a big fan of the min/max inspiriing AA swap.
  11. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

Im a solo player too but honestly I wouldn't mind having the ability to have my Solo build and the option if I want to group/raid to be able to switch to a built that allows me to do that well to. Options good. being stuck on rails bad.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lathaine Guest

[p]Why AA is vital ?[/p][p]at lvl 70 with 100 AA, that is very easy to get, very very easy. you dont earn anymore xp to kill random high lvl mob or completing new quest descovering new thing, just loot, and that not fun at all. So what kill for nothing ? reroll, after time leave. Nothing fun to not earn xp when you kills mob. Dont mind if it's AA or lvl, and i doubt 10 more lvl will take long time for most of us to get... and then ? at lvl 80 no more xp no more fun to get our loved char become better by just killing even in borring way. xp xp xp then raid raid raid, no more xp sigh.[/p][p]100 AA was really too few. They should see really more far than that and add a way for keep earning xp even if you play several life... or people leave when they are tired to not become better.[/p][p]And AA should really be more attractive, add str/sta/agi/resist, more than just what we have atm. we can have more 800 str for exemple only 64 max com from AA and most certainly 32 or 40, that less than 5%... every item in high end game have more strength than our char naked... dont feel that fine.[/p][p]I and probably you would want your lovely char become better more you play, no ? and i m sorry to say this to raiding people but ... not only item exist for that ! I want my body become more strong not the armor plate i wear...[/p][p]gear is even more strong than god... while our char is not more strong than a cow...[/p][p]so that why AA is so need...[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

ke'la wrote:
    Well, KoS added 10lvls and 50 AA points like everyone knows, and EoF only added 50 AA, no levels. But still KoS AA tree beats the living hell out of EoF tree. I hope they would revamp the EoF tree in RoK, for most of the classes it offers next to nothing.
  14. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

Niende wrote:
    Once we hit 100 levels we will get all the AAs we want. :wink:
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Really? that maybe true for some classes but back at launch the KoS Tree was either Bugged, broken, usless or all three. it took a few LUs to get them in thier current form at that was because at the time they where more worried about having a large feature list then having working content. Add to that the TOTAL lack of conent outside of new spells and the AAs, and personally I am glad they desided they can't do both anymore. Rember its the Devs that stated that they can either do AAs(and get them right) or a New Tier of spells(and get them right) but not BOTH.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

[p]Wow i gues they can't make any expansion without level content now, wonder how games in the past were able to survieve without this.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Leatherneck Guest

YMMV. I'm happy with a good amount of the Ranger AA's.
  18. ARCHIVED-Leatherneck Guest

Options makes easier...Easier doesn't always mean good.
  19. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

ke'la wrote:
    Ok, how about no NEW AA's, just adding 10-20 more points to each existing tree ? That couldn't be that hard...
    Regards, theriatis.
  20. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Yeah they could do that, ofcourse then they would be rebalancing the trees(nerfing them) as they suddenly become way over powered