No more POI on the map ??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Earar, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

I just noticed there was absolutely nothing on the map (fordel midst only for now for me) of the new zones.

It’s really disturbing and unpleasant. I mean, when a quest asks you to go somewhere and you are new to the map and don’t know where to go, it’s really unpleasant.
    Even more so when u ran around and u still don’t remember what is where.

Doesn’t have to make all the work for us, but having some info on the map is really helpful... and seeing none doesn’t motivate me to continue playing.

It’s stupid, but looking 30 min for a pkace and then being told by the quest and having to look for it another 30 min isn’t fun and just makes me log out.

Especially seeing how big is just fordel midst ...

Will there be POI added or will we be forced to add them ourselves ???
    Argosunited likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Echo Caverns is full of Point of Interests. It's just Shadowhaven and the Bazaar that is severely lacking.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  3. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I often look up on Google ... EQ2 Such N Such Quest .. and usually get a nice explanation complete with waypoints on how to proceed is said quest. Is that an option with these new areas and quests or are they too new for anyone to have gleaned the helpful information on how to do them as of yet?
  4. Mysten New Member

Fortunately we have google, and the wikipedia for Everquest 2 on fandom dot com. It seems like more recent the expansion, the less filled the map is, which I don't mind personally, but I can understand it being a pain when it just comes out, as a certain thing isn't updated. Give it time is my advice, and try to make do.
    Breanna, WhysperWynde and Zynt like this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Since most of the information on maps and quests is provided by players and most players have only had access to the content for a little over 24 hours a certain amount of patience might be required. Unless you're prepared to do the exploratory work, make notes and update eq2maps and the wiki yourselves ....
    Sigrdrifa, WhysperWynde and Zynt like this.
  6. Ryuken Active Member

I remember in 99 when EQ1 was new, i often got lost in the East Commonlands. (starter area)

We didn't have maps at the time! :D

Then we traded with Ogres and Trolls in the Tunnel to the Desert of Ro! (as soon as we started to find our bearings closer to the sandy area) :D
    WhysperWynde, Zynt and Tkia like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The EQ2Maps weren't available until yesterday at some point. Once they went up, people could start posting POIs again.

Not all of the new zone maps are up on EQ2Maps yet, but you can help get them going!

Before you enter a zone, type in chat: /show_map_style_name 1 -- The map name will show up in your chat window when you zone in. You may also need to use /map2_show_zone_rect inside the zone if the map name is long.

I started a thread on the EQ2Maps forums with the new map names to help them out in getting RoS maps up and running.
    Breanna, WhysperWynde and Argosunited like this.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

sometimes I don't want to rely on google and wiki to solve quests, but doesn't mean I wanna spend 30 min finding a place to go.

I find it annoying that there's nothing inside the city. It's a big city, when u walk around, it dings everywhere but u hardly can navigate when u don't know anything.

And EQ1 isn't EQ2 ... and they barely make the effort ... even some changed spells or AAs don't have explanations anymore.

I mean there is an AA in the bruiser tree that used to be a desaggro ... now it seems it's a positional aggro ? but not even sure .. and in the end it seems to proc more often and then deal more damage than the actual spell it replaces ... when it was supposed to be a desaggro buff replacement to manhandle ... and no explanation to know if bug or intended.

At some point, it's not players to do all the work ... as said .. I try to come back a bit after a 2 year break ... just casually, but seeing that really doesn't make me wanna log in
    Ameuco likes this.
  9. Falbal New Member

I think it's a general problem with the whole game. In some areas you get blue dots and green spots showing you were to go, in other areas you get nothing.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

EQ2 Maps POIs are crowd sourced. Submit POIs and there will be POIs. It's pretty simple.
  11. Torri Active Member

Clicked on the in game button to try and add a PoI and was told you have to be logged in to do so. So just went to the EQ2 Maps website and I see the log in box, but I do not see anyplace to actually create an account? Someone please help a blind fae
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Look at the top of the right sidebar. I generally add POIs from the web interface myself.