No intention to prevne tafk merc xp/named farming ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Nefarious Member

Well said.
    The_Cheeseman and Livejazz like this.
  2. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Perhaps if you'd pay attention, you'd see that's exactly the problem: people hogging spawns.
    Alenna likes this.
  3. d1anaw Well-Known Member

This whole "non responding" thing gets on my last nerve. Why is it I have an obligation to respond to anyone? Someone else used to take a great deal of glee reporting those who didn't respond to her. Obviously, there was a good reason not to respond to an obnoxious twit. I don't have to tell anyone what I am doing at any given point in time. But if you need to report me because I don't care to talk to you, I guess you need to get your jollies somehow. To be honest, a good deal of the time, I'm not even paying attention to chat because I'm engaged in doing something. And even if I am not, so what. I might be watching tv or talking to someone. Good grief. The control freaks on here never cease to amaze me.
  4. Halanna Active Member

They aren't playing the game at all. They are letting their merc/pet play the game while they buy rotisserie chicken at Walmart.
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

How long have you been playing? I promise you, right now, in quested gear, on a warlock, I could afk one of those spawns, and my procs would heal me and kill the mob. no worry of death at all. I got a ring and a charm that procs a heal over time if I get damaged, I got like 4 other items that proc damage when I take a hit. so no, taking away thier mercs/pets isn't going to suddenly make the overland named able to kill them. not by a long shot.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Hehe PVP flagging someone who has been inactive for too long would actually make me smile even if I got nailed every once in a while (I've got kids, unintended extended afks happen.) ;)

However, the camp to character select thing would be ideal imo. That's something a lot of games already have & EQ2 would benefit from even outside of afk mob farming. Ogre afk on your quest giver/banker/merchant or what have you? Auto log out fixes that too. Since we no longer have to stand afk in our houses to sell stuff, there isn't really a good reason NOT to do it.

If someone is inactive for X amount of time, then a warning screen pops up & you get camped if you don't respond to the warning screen. People might use 3rd party software to get around that but fewer people would do that due to the risks than will just stand afk letting pets/mercs do the job as it stands now.
  7. Nolus Well-Known Member

I agree, sometimes I just choose to ignore people if I'm busy. You only really have an obligation to respond to a GM. You have no obligation to respond to anyone else at all. I don't petition people that don't respond - actually I don't talk to them at all, I petition people that are obvilously doing something against the rules, but it's up to the GM to find out whats going on, not me it's their job.
    Wirewhisker, Loredena and Veeman like this.
  8. Xiatoris Member

I heard that the Nagafen server found a good way to prevent people from AFK camping mobs. :cool:
  9. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I would love if that method worked on live, personally. Nobody's really running pvp gear on AB so it would be QUITE hilarious to swash their buckles in cold blood.

Sadly, it can't. So we need the Rift/FFXIV auto-logout after 10~15 mins afk function please. XD
  10. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I heard the Nagafen server is almost literally dead due to lack of interest.
    Wirewhisker and Malfaer like this.
  11. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I don't see why it would. The person reporting you isn't the one you need to worry about responding to in the first place; the GM is. If you respond to the GM, you're OK no matter what was reported about you; if you don't, that's when you'll get in trouble. With that in mind, who cares about Random Player X? If you don't wish to respond, then don't; if you're worried that the person will report you & you'll then have to respond to a GM, then say "HI" & go on with your day.
  12. Laiina Well-Known Member

Random mob spawn points within a small area is by far the easiest way to fix this. Anyone could see this coming, so not sure why it was not done that way.
  13. Laiina Well-Known Member

The problem is not with the merc, it is the fact that it is so easy to AFK camp them. Easy to fix, make them a random spawn within a given area large enough so that not possible to camp every possible spawn. Another would be to simply make the named mobs non agro.
    Loredena likes this.
  14. Ellerz New Member

Seems like having gems dropping outside of group content is a bad idea. If it wasn't for that, no one would even care about these named being afk camped. But as someone said earlier, with all the procs on items these days, you don't need a merc to afk camp anymore. So, to really fix the issue, you'd have to nerf loot too.
  15. Veeman Active Member

I'd still care a little just because camping the named interferes with completing the weekly quest. However I feel if there wasn't any gem drops the camping wouldn't be so prevalent.
  16. Ellerz New Member

Oh, are they part of the weekly quests? Maybe they could just make them non-agro, that would atleast help prevent afking them to death.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

Several good ideas : Make them non aggro, make them appear randomly in a small area, make them much stronger ....

As example you may have to challenge them, like chief rygor and so on.
    Griff and Tylia like this.
  18. kilt New Member

During the past few months I have seen more and more of it people afk with a merc guarding them killing for exp. I know there afk since chest just sit there unlooted . Can we figure out a way to award nothing to the player if they do no damage. Just randomly visit the dock in obol plains close to dreadcutter zone in spot and you will see one example of it.
  19. Pantz Active Member

some x4 spectres should auto-train on them :)
    Malleria likes this.
  20. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Can we figure out a way to make the search button bigger since there is already a thread on it and answered by Sony here.