No facial animations when talking to NPCs or emotes... is this a bug?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by a_shrubbery, Jul 30, 2022.

1. a_shrubbery Active Member

I haven't been playing in a while, and I can't tell for sure if NPCs used to have their mouth move when they talk -- but I'm pretty sure my character used to smile and open their mouth when I emote with eg. /laugh

Is there a setting somewhere I need to look at ? Pretty sure I have everything maxed out.

There was this feature also, "SOEmote" .. could it be messing up my character animations somehow? It sounds like it was removed from the game though - but maybe my settings files are really old and it's interfering somehow? Just taking guesses.

Anyway, it's kinda sad I want to see my character's face alive >_>
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  2. a_shrubbery Active Member

Hmm /mood happy and /mood sad works, and my character makes an angry face in combat.

I'm guessing this isn't a bug and there are no facial animations during emotes or when NPCs talk. Oh well.
    Sunlei likes this.
  3. Sunlei Well-Known Member

yeah the mouth needs life, a smile when you /thank someone...., even a /smile when you /smile :)
    Twyla and Sturmlocke like this.
  4. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

+1 good idea
  5. DENSER Well-Known Member

create your character with an eternal smile and the Joker will pale in comparison to your avatar ;)
    Breanna likes this.