No Aim Skill on Gear

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Mermut, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Sooo... there is zero gear that boosts aim skill. Since my aim is capped at 550 compared to my slashing at 1290 and focus at 1539... how, exactly are we going to actually HIT heroic/raid mobs with a crossbow?

Granted my warden isn't going to use ranged, expect on those never to be sufficiently damned forced ranged fights, but do I need to carry around wand for those fights so I can actually HIT with my ranged auto-attack? I know auto-attack damage is not even pocket change, but having auto attack HIT is important for procs.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Maybe removing the cap would solve the problem.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Cap on what?
  4. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

aim skill - there shouldn't be any difference between it and slashing for example.

So if they want to continue with the silliness of crossbows having a separate skill as ranged then aimed should have a times factor to make it viable say aim = ranged + weapon skill or something like that. What I don't want is to be forced to look for gear with a stat on it nobody asked for to begin with.

Its like "Hey here is a new weapon, which works just like bows and wands do, but unlike those you have to AIM it... clever aren't we?

ummm no you're not.

So if my above idea isn't viable, then put +1000 aim on every crossbow and be done with it.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ah. Different way of looking at things. I didn't see it as a 'cap' on aim skill, merely, as I posted, lack of aim skill on gear. All skills have a native max of lvl x 5, so Aim having that as the native max was something I expected.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

They could just make weapon skill affect it like it does everything else I guess.
    Mermut likes this.