No Age of Discovery all in one?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-gregoris, Nov 10, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Labe Guest

Hi there,
    Just a quick question about AoD, can we expect the release of a retail box version or this expansion is released in digital version only?
    Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Axiun Guest

Kept telling myself yesterday not to renew my sub,but I just haaaaad to do it only to find out my gut was right SOE isn't going to change their nickle-n-dime practice.It's sad really I always loved the Everquest world.
  3. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

If they'd split it into chunks I'd buy parts here's a list even of potential prices

Dungeon Maker: 2000 SC
    Merc's: 1500 SC
    TS Apprentice: 1500 SC
    Reforging: 600 SC
    Beastlords: 1600 - 2000 SC
    AA Cap Raise: 2000 SC

I think that's everything isn't it?
  4. ARCHIVED-captain_video Guest

You can do what I did and stock up on SC when they have a double or triple SC promo, and then if you want either DoV or AoD, buy them in-game using SC. They'll even have sale prices on both of those eventually. AoD cost me $13.33 in actual dollars, and with low-level chars, I'll get my money's worth out of it pretty fast. Not everyone in the game is playing at level cap, or is expecting to be there in the next few weeks. Also, I'm paying $15/mo on an annual renewal for my all-access pass, which for me covers EQ2 + EQ1 + DCUO + Vanguard + SWG + Clone Wars + LoN. Somehow I don't feel quite as ripped off as other posters here.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xinux Guest

Labe wrote:
    Wondering that also or is everything from this point (future expansions and such) on going to be digital download only?
  6. ARCHIVED-rdurbin Guest

Actually it does include access to DoV. I bought Age of Discovery but did not buy DoV and was able to enter Great Divide, which I was not able to before. I have two account, both accounts have access to AoD, which now have access to DoV, Last Expansion I bought not counting this one was SF, of the two AoD that I bought one I preordered the other I got on amazon for 31.99, in both cases they included DoV, maybe its just the station cash one is what does not include it. I am not sure
  7. ARCHIVED-Nink Guest

rdurbin wrote:
    Thanks for the post rdurbin my stepson wants to return to the game after several years break. Think I will raise a petition to get the formal answer, will post back when I hear an answer.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kekzilla Guest

Nink wrote:
    Is it still showing you have access to DoV? I thought the same thing had my AA unlocked etc.. and just logged in today and noticed it is now locked again. Seems like I had access initially and now they just took it away.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Wow I did not know that. I have DoV already, still unsure if I will ever buy AoD, but for that cost I'm shocked it doesn't come with all previous content, esp considering the few features it has, which is why I did not buy it yet. I bought a bunch of SC cards with plat, which is the only way I'll consider buying AoD.
    Dippun@Nagafen wrote:
  10. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

That was a bug which has already been corrected.
    Age of Discovery DOES NOT INCLUDE Destiny of Velious.
  11. ARCHIVED-Heart-a-gram888 Guest

Thanks for this post! I was wondering the same thing. I also didn't realize that there is no such thing as an EQ2 hard copy anymore until i went to 3 stores looking for this expansion. It's kind of a turn off really. But if EQ2 is truely free to play, then I don't mind spending the 80 bucks. Unless all of EQ2 is now like EQ2X since they have merged... I dont want to have to pay to use all my bag slots and character races or what ever stupid crap they use to charge for.
  12. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Heart-a-gram888 wrote:
    All that 'stupid crap' is a pretty decent alternative to having NO access to the game whatsoever. Ultimately, a subscription (gold level) is the best way to go. There are plenty of ways to save money, though. Even right now, they're offering double cash on SC cards redeemed between 12/24 and 12/27. That means you can sub for 7/month. There was a triple cash deal less than a week ago that allowed people to spend 30$ for a year. I believe one other triple cash event happens each year. Doubles happen like 5 times a year.
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Suppler wrote:
    Sorry your remembering WRONG, DoF was in development 6 months and sold for $30 and required buying the base game seperate, KoS was in development for 6 months cost $30 and gave you the base game(but NOT DoF) for "free". EoF was in development for 10 Months cost $40 and gave you the choice of buying from SoE Digitally and ONLY getting EoF, or buying from a Retailer and getting an All in One.
    EoF was the first time an All in One was available, but it had NOTHING to do with the increase in price that came along with it, BECAUSE it was also AVAILABLE without by itself and still cost $40.00. The increase in price was COMPLETLY do to the increase in the development cycle time and had NOTHING to do with offering an All in One...as AoD still took 10-12 months to develop it is still in that mold.
    As for the not including the previous expainsions, I think the reason for that is simple:
    1) everything befor Velious is "Free"
    2) Over the comming year IF you have Velious you are going to be getting a TON of new content "Free"...that adds value to Velious as such they don't want to just give that "Value" away.
    3) 90% of the AoD Feature Pack is stuff that really is totally optional...as such why force people to buy a $40. expainsion when a $29 one will...for now suffice.
    FYI, I personally think at this point in the game and with them already setting the president of All in One expainsions, it really is kinda dumb to not have AoD be an All in One, or for them to atleast not anounce that it won't be, and explain clearly why it won't be long befor the release date wich didn't happen.