Nights of the Dead and Frostfell

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Elenova, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Elenova Member

So that time of the season is upon is, and I absolutely LOVE all the quest and stuff that one can do. However, in recent years, quests like the Hedge Maze or Haunted Mansion in Nights of the dead, and Icy Keep in Frostfell have become extremely easy, even to solo due to the power creep. So I was wondering if this year we could make sure the encounters were challenging enough again? I don't wanna walk through and one shot everything heh.
  2. Robynous Well-Known Member

The only big bad I remember in the Hedge Maze was the werewolf at the end, and he gets enough air time anyway! The mansion with the vampires was harder at times, and the other mansion was never especially hard except for the dancing! Really it is the atmosphere and narrative - and loot! - that I do these for! I remember Icy Keep being tedious, with bosses you need to look in the wiki to find out what tiresome trick you need to do to take them down. Mind you I am on Kael Drakkel at the moment and largely feel like I am the only one there, so I need to solo everything!
    GrunEQ and Twyla like this.
  3. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

Last year in the hedge maze, I didn't have anyone higher than 100.. This year, I have 2 level 125s.. As I started to run through the quests with them (I mostly mentored the 125s down to 100, as even the normal lvl 125 stuff was chunkier than my gear is good for on both chrs), the fight with Altius in maze, too 5 minutes or so. Longer if I only stood there and melee'ed him. Even my 100s (and my 2 who weren't 100 yet, 96 beastlord and necro), took roughly 5 minutes. (Last few years it was if not one shot, then one round). But.. I've also ran the maze on a few baby toons (I'm talking 16-24 or so), of course, with some out of era weapons for them (42.72 ratings at that low lvl), it was taking about a minute or two for the fight. For the named golems in Icy Keep last year, I usually ended up mentoring my 100s down, to like 90 or 95, as even at 100, they were a pain and very chunky.
  4. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I would like to see a challenge mode, along side the easy mode.