Nighthawk Modem - EQ2 connection issues

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Suidakra, May 13, 2022.

1. Suidakra Active Member

I recently had to buy a new modem. I got the NETGEAR AX2700 CAX30S Nighthawk.
    Since I've gotten this new cable modem, no matter if I use WiFi or ethernet, the game will stop responding as if my internet has dropped. Only it hasn't. I can still browse the web, watch a youtube video, ping websites with under 50ms response times. The lights are all on on the modem. Voice Chat or Discord don't lag, I can hear and speak just fine.

I am using Comcast as my ISP. Comcast has confirmed I am receiving a good connection and DOCSIS 3.1.
    I've updated windows, I've updated the modem firmware. I've disabled firewalls and anti-virus.
    I've even swapped it with a different modem of the same model, no luck.

Is anyone else playing using this cable modem with no routers or hotspots in between?
    I am connecting directly to the modem, and on WiFi it is maybe 30 feet behind me in clear view of my computer.
    No devices or walls in between.

The worst part is, it seems random. I can stand in SE casting spells and running around for hours with no issues.
    Then I will do Den 1/2 or pick up raid and it just happens. I cannot recreate it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Suidakra Active Member

UPDATE
    So I replaced the Nighthawk with an AR G36 Arris cable wifi modem. The problem has not come back.
    Not sure what it is, but the nighthawk does not play well with EQ2.