Next Addon to Varsoon

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Samea, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Samea New Member

When will the next Addon for Varsoon come out? Is it Sentinel Fate? Dont see this in the Roadmap 2024.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

It's in the outline below the image.

February:
    • Varsoon unlocks The Shadow Odyssey Mid-Content
      • The Emperor's Athenaeum, Kurn's Tower, Munzok's Material Bastion, Ward of Elements, Miragul's Planar Shard
    April:
    • Varsoon unlocks Sentinel's Fate
    June:
    • Varsoon unlocks Sentinel's Fate Mid-Content
      • The Icy Keep: Retribution, Underfoot Depths, Zraxth's Unseen Arcanum
    August:
    • Varsoon unlocks Destiny of Velious
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

you left 1 out

June:
    Varsoon becomes an empty ghost town of a server because the new TLE server launches in June.
    Smashey, Kotter, Forestchild and 2 others like this.
  4. Samea New Member

Thank you.

I dont want a new TLE Server.
    I'm back after 8 years since the end of Valor and i love to play only on Varsoon. Its so nice to experience the story again.
    I'm really looking forward to the next expansions.
    Tepesch likes this.
  5. Tepesch New Member

So... We'll meet tomorrow, Samea :) *hugs*
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

Saw the the population of Varsoon they hope to attract them there while the iron is still hot, it's a good strategy from an economic point of view .
    Afterwards, saying that we appreciate it is another subject ;)
    Siren likes this.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to DoV. :(
  8. Kotter Legendary Member

another To Speak as a Dragon maybe.

can't wait!
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

It really depends on what the new TLE ruleset is going to be. Varsoon is likely going to take a hit to its population either way, but how long that lasts really depends. One thing that's been made really clear over the years is that there's not enough of a player base to really support multiple TLEs each with their own active communities, even with different rulesets (e.g.: Zarrakon and Kael Drakkel).

In the end, I guess everyone will vote with their feet. If the new ruleset is absolutely fantabulous and scratches that nostalgia itch, then yeah, I think Varsoon is cooked. It's something more akin to the Race to Trakanon server, then it'll take a hit for a few months, but some people will eventually wander on back.

Edit: It's also been my experience that the TLEs become less "sticky" over time as they progress through the content. If this new ruleset TLE was introduced when Varsoon was younger, I think you'd have more people wanting to stick it out. Now, we just wait and see what happens.
    Bekkr, Siren and Forestchild like this.
  10. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Yep, when new TLE comes out we're toast, and even if we're not. Even after peeps finish the DoV line, it's toast either way.

They have already said that NO TLE server will reach current content. If I remember correctly DoV has only been the highest that any TLE has EVER reached. I wish they'd go at least up to AoM, maybe.
    Arandar and Obano like this.
  11. Obano Well-Known Member

I second the idea of keeping it going to AoM. EQ2 effectively has lost expansions that are not covered by TLE and are so far removed from live servers few people even remember them anymore.

Talking about Chains of Eternity, Scars of the Awakened, Tears of Veeshan, Altar of Malice, and Rum Cellar.
    Forestchild likes this.
  12. Evilary Well-Known Member

I would love to experience some of the past expansions again the way they were upon release. Except Altar of Malice and the Rum Cellar section. I was here for these and the leveling was and is a horrible slog with a weird story that made no sense at times and felt like quests just designed to slow you down rather than anything else.

I am hopeful to potentially jump in on the next TLE start unless they do something crazy like they did with the PVP or the server that yoyo's your level around the content. Once they hit AoM, I would just go back to live as I can live without that era.
    Bekkr and Forestchild like this.
  13. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Yea, I agree with the Rum Cellar part. Pirates??? Really. Where do Pirates fit in with Dragons, and Mages. LOL.
  14. Evilary Well-Known Member

I can picture pirates being around in an era where most transport is via ship. Remember, we only recently got the spires back up at that time. What gets me is the biggest group of ships in the whole game seems to be the far seas. They based their headquarters in the castle up on top of the hill from the pirates....right...

Take an earlier in the expansion, we are looking desperately for Captain so and so. We head off to the first Island above Isle of Refuge, find his ship empty, find signs of him being on shore nearby. Then we decided to spend hours and hours trudging through the jungle for big spider monsters to help them with their cause before we continue our search. Then we get a clue, and head to the next island where we decide to help the pygmy things with dinosaur disease....

You have me searching for someone and tell me it's time sensitive, then send me off on several wild goose chases unrelated to the search for someone, that breaks the immersion of the story.
    Forestchild likes this.
  15. Camp Check New Member

Seems to me that the server has already started slowing down, particularly in the last 3 or 4 weeks. And I can't blame them. I'm already frustrated with folks treating every hunter group as a speed run where only those mobs necessary to achieve the objective are pulled.
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the way Hunters missions are designed, they tend to turn group content into toxic sludge.
  17. DENSER Well-Known Member

But whose fault is it? To make a game more friendly, the team would already have to want it. Hitting the same instances 30 times .
    It's really lazy work .
    Watch this plume event , hidden behind an endless achievement, to erase the lack of creativity . This is what we should expect, content that is easy to create as long as the player logs in.

Toxic Comes with what designers decide to implent, dont blame the player who is forced to do such bad content.
    Forestchild likes this.
  18. Arandar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that all can be laid at the feet of the development team. They could certainly make some content less grindy and/or more alt-friendly, but because players feel like they "have" to do repetitive content, that doesn't make it okay for some of them to be awful to other players.

"The devs made me be a jerk to you" is really not a good take.