Newsie's quest

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ratza, May 31, 2016.

1. Ratza Well-Known Member

The last time a guide posted the newsie quest on the Skyfire forum was April 26th....over 1 month ago. So watching the guide forum is not the answer. Point is the quest is 2 xpacs old....and gives a nice backpack reward plus major xp.....it's non repeatable....so what is the big deal for not making it available by NPC now? Nostagia? To see the crowd? Seriously? For many people It's a royal pain watching/planing to get this quest.

I seriously do appreciate what the guides do for us.....and understand they have lives too....I'm not complaining about them....I'm complaining about a quest that is form my point of view difficult to obtain based on times constraints and guide limitations but is a really useful quest/reward and will remain so going forward for a very long time.
  2. Xerikton Active Member

I totally support this request as I have two full access accounts and work weekends when said guides are mostly on.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

if they haven't done it in a while then log in the guide forum and ask. how hard is that to do? easy.
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

So what is your objection to an NPC for this quest? I'm curious what/why someone would object to making this available via NPC? I think I've pretty much stated why it should be made available...so I'm asking why shouldn't it be?
  5. Lucus Well-Known Member

if one guide quest get made npc obtain, don't you think someone else will come along and demand the next guide quest everyone wants to get be made obtainable by NPC?

i don't like the idea of the guide system being eroded, a better idea would be to ask for new quests that award a good chunk of status like newsies.
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Aivet Well-Known Member

Your main objection seems to be "I can't get it when I want it". So I'll ask this: what's your objection to going to the guide forums and asking for it to be run at a time that's suitable for you? Several others have suggested that and even provided links. Certainly the HoF guides seem pretty willing to work out times if you ask. I'm sure the Skyfire guides are the same.
  7. Kander Developer

The Nebulous Newsies and The Guide's Guide to Thalumbra are quests designed specifically for the guide program with the hope you will actually seek out and interact with a guide, these both have rather large status awards. They will remain quests only offered by guides.

The NPCs you mentioned were on servers that did not have live guides.
    Feldon, Lucus, Kuulei and 5 others like this.
  8. Aivet Well-Known Member

Wait, what? The Guide's Guide to Thalumbra? I've not heard of that one...
    Prissetta and Livejazz like this.
  9. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Likewise. And a quick search reveals nothing. I've never seen it posted in the guide section. Need more info on this 'high status' quest.
    Livejazz likes this.
  10. Gharyn Well-Known Member

The Guide's Guide to Thalumbra: nothing on EQ2i, nothing in the guide forum, nothing on google. Do the guides know about this quest, Kandor?
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Elyshka Senior Guide

Yes, the Guides are aware; however, there is a small issue with it that we're waiting to have resolved. :)
  12. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Good to know :>
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Aivet Well-Known Member

Excellent :D Also, my best wishes to whichever guides first run this. I hope their journal writing fingers don't explode from the hundreds of characters that'll turn up.
    Ocarinah and Prissetta like this.
  14. Canth Active Member

Can we please, please, please get an NPC on the Test Server for this, since the guides don't offer it there?

Did I say please yet?
    Ocarinah and Alenna like this.
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

i already asked on the skyfire guide thread before finding out there was an issue with it so maybe skyfire will be the first server to get it offered. :)
  16. Terrius Well-Known Member

I would suggest making a post in that forum, say something like "Hey guides I was wondering, could we get a newsies at X time on X day?" I see people do that all the time and for the most part it seems to work. *shrug* just a suggestion.
    Alenna and Prissetta like this.
  17. Livejazz Well-Known Member

It was offered on Skyfire 2-3 days ago, & I'm pretty sure it was also offered on Skyfire about 2 weeks ago.
  18. SandsMans Active Member

So this should be available on the test server? Wasn't when I looked a couple weeks ago.
  19. Ratza Well-Known Member

Nothing was posted in the guide forum to give a heads up 2-3 days ago or 2 weeks ago.....so if you are not online staring at the chat window you miss out on it.
  20. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Yea, that happens. Interestingly, until I read this thread, I didn't even know there was a "guide forum" to check, I thought that all guide quests were simply randomly given out by Guides who happened to be online & wanted to offer a quest.

Point being, however, that the quest WAS offered, on our server, just a couple days ago. Sorry you couldn't be there.
    Bekkr likes this.