Newcomer

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Wyntir, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Wyntir New Member

Hi all,

Newcomer to EQ2 here. So, just to give a background on my MMO history: Really the only two I've played are WoW and Warhammer Online. The latter of course, deceased, the former just kind of a bummer all around for me, mostly due to the fact that the 'adventure' of the game is gone with the way people breeze through the content.

That being said, that's my question to you all about EQ2. Are low levels pretty desolate on high-pop servers (Antonia Bayle, etc), or can a newcomer like me actually find folks to play/group with on a regular basis, or am I going to find myself in more or less the same situation where if I don't have old vet gear/store items I am going to be at a severe disadvantage as compared to other classes?

Thanks everyone. :)
  2. Lizabethan Active Member

Hi, Wyntir! Welcome to Norrath. We hope you enjoy our little world :)

To answer your question: unfortunately, low-level grouping only takes place with a guild or friends. It's near impossible to get a LFG channel group for content under the current expansion, which is level 95. I'd estimate you'd have to be 92+ to see any grouping at all. My advice is to get a guild that advertises grouping and mentoring new players. You're not, however, going to be at a disadvantage without old vet gear or store items - you get and go through gear so fast in this game.