Newbie LFG

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Elemir, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Elemir New Member

Hello,

As the subject suggests, I'm a complete newbie to EQ2. That's not to say I'm a complete newb to MMO's, but I've seem to have become infatuated with this game. I'm currently playing a lv9 High Elf Warden named Elemir. I'm usually on in the evenings (5p-7p EST). I plan on being fairly active, so let me know if you want to play :D
    Seefar, Saw-Lau and Elyria like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You need to tell us what server you're on... then folks on your server and you can get together.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Elemir New Member

Oh right. Sorry XD I'm on the free trade server
  4. Elemir New Member

Though, since I am still very new, I'm down to switch servers if needed
  5. Balrin Member-Antonia Bayle server EU play time

Heya1 welcome if you dont mind switching servers come to thurgadin we have a small casual style guild we would be happy for you to join us,just a reminder that thurgadin is a EU server so, if you dont have a problem with that come on over the guild is called wolves of time just look for gromdar and ill let you in! :)
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  6. Dilon Active Member

I very strongly recommend that you re-roll your character on a different server. The Isle of Refuge server is almost totally dead. If you are US based you should join Maj'Dul. If you are EU based join Thurgadin.

Once you join a more populated server, look for a large, social guild to join. Press "U" in game to bring up to guild search. This will help the game feel a little less lonely.
    Saw-Lau and Kittybock like this.
  7. Elemir New Member

Thanks for the advice! Gromnir, I don't have an issue with playing on an EU server just as long as the ping isn't bad. I'll check it out and hopefully see you in game!
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Maj'Dul is the most populated US server. Antonia Bayle is our last role-playing server,and has a lower population but some really cool people. the Time Locked Expansion server, Fallen Gate, is really friendly and fun, it's up to level 80 now.
  9. Elemir New Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa. Maybe I'll try getting on Maj'Dul
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you decide to check out AB. Talk to Dude or Meneltel here on the forums. Dude joined Army of Oobliteration about 6 weeks ago and Meneltel has been a member since the dawn of time *ducks so Meneltel cannot stab her*. They are a small, casual, helpful, and friendly guild. Dude joined a group of us on AB that is made of different guilds and we love him, he came from a different server to try AB and he seems to like us.
  11. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Agreed. AB still looks fairly active, as well. That said, I really wish they'd go ahead and merge Isle of Refuge with AB. The population is very low on Isle, especially during the AM's. Today there are 40ish. The other day when I first logged in there were 10, which later increased to 19.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Even you're admitting it now.

I really regret transferring Zoraas over there lol.

But yeah, Maj'dul has a few smaller guilds that are pretty nice too, I somewhat miss AB (Only somewhat, not enough to keep my unplayed mystic around), but last time I tried hanging around there, it was on odd mix of mega-toxic during my usual play hours and not-so-bad during the hours that I rarely got on lol.

Lords of Norrath is the group I got in with over on Maj'dul, they seem relatively cool and laid back, though it's been ages since I've played Shaddedar, and he's going to need some new pants when I do lol.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Yep, readily admitting it. I was a huge cheerleader for the Isle--I still love its rule-set. IMHO, the TLE's and the Event server really throat-punched our population. Players that were willing to attempt the Isle were up for forging a new path, so they'd delve into whatever new option was thrown at 'em. That said, we have folks that moved multiple toons to the Isle, which don't want to spend the required DBC to move them back to their original server, etc. /shrug.

Overall, I still think AB is pretty solid, other than that Maj'Dul sounds good and has a strong pop, from my understanding.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Yeah, enjoying Maj'dul atm. My current SK is probably my only non-boosted toon left, since they've been handing boosts out like candy...

As for IoR, I actually think another thing that really hurt it is that EQ2's never felt as horribly limited by the No-Trade tag as EQ1 did. The reason Firiona Vie got so big over there, aside from already being a long established server, is that No-Trade opened up a lot of options for people to help lower level characters with twink gear and set pieces that would take them hours or even months to get on their own.

EQ2 is limited more by level requirements on gear than the NT tag, if anything. Level req and lore-equip.

Doesn't help that PoP maaaaay have led to a lot of people dropping back down to F2P because of the doubling down on ascension spells without taking a look at how ridiculous research times have become lol.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On my most recent toon to finish the PoP siglines, I was able to have my sage alt make her Ascension upgrades. Journeyman scrolls are plentiful and usually not too dire on the broker. Adepts are almost never seen, but that's also not bad to research and just wait for it to do it over time. Then Experts, Masters, etc. are fairly common and available on the broker. Using the in-game crafting options supplemented with research-over-time is not too shabby a way to upgrade these.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Fair. I've just been hearing consistently that the page drop rate is lower than that of a rare off a harvesting node, and we've got another possibly 5 spells coming in on top of the ones we already have. More hotbar space and more forced research for dungeons tuned around experts wouldn't be a fun look for some lol.
  17. Seefar Well-Known Member

@Elemir: welcome to Norrath!

Following on from what Cyrrena said, if you do go onto the Antonia Bayle server and want to look for someone who's in the Army of Obliteration to talk to (anyone in that guild can invite you to join the guild using the command "/guild invite Elemir", even if they don't know they have the ability)...

... using "/who all obliteration" will give you a list in chat of all the members of the guild who are currently online.

Just FYI.

Happy hunting!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. LichKing New Member

in the sky fire servers im a recruiter for The Mad Hatters send me a tell in-game
    Cyrrena likes this.