new warden consolidated issue

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Barandos, Feb 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Rappy Guest

Its a archetype issue crossing all healer classes not just affecting wardens hence why it is firmly in the spells forum :)
  2. ARCHIVED-DionysosTomas Guest

I do agree and I apologize :)
    Use : mostly in raid for stabilizing the fight mostly at pull, need several safe death :) . ( I ll not explain everything because it s part of our strat but you can try to think about it :) ) It can be used the same way in group but it s rare.
    2 reasons that may give u a reason to thik it can be usefull :

1 - Blackqueen: impairment that make u die f u re low in mana.

2 - The MT out of power = no more taunting => agro change to a dps and u loose control of the fight ( mostly in raid) so every single piece of power to the tank is more taunting even more when mobs drains power ( PP The Return for exampel if u miss some ring ). Mostly it s time gained because mostly healing is not a problem in raid but aggro control is the biggest.
    I do agree and that s a pity in raid it s mostly useless. But if u are missign a class that buff dfefense we can do that role :) In group this pspell is gorgious : pulling room full of mob :)
    Well this spell is in fact broken or more precisely working as I was expecting ^^ but not as the description shows :) The cure works well when it s dfiferent types of dbuff but when it s the same debbuff and it s mostly the same debuff yo have nearlyno use of it. Furthermore due to time of casting better use our cure and then heal = les spower used and more efficiency : u can really control what is cured.
    Exaclty my point :) We had once a nice UI made by our great devs that was providing on the UI only the debuff on tour target , now we can see everything , perhaps they should give us the opportunity to choose between tyhose 2 things :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Formangenavn Guest

Tunare's Watch could be a usefull spell, but a lot of people (me included) thing that the healing is too small and duration is too short. You have to be a psycick to know when to cast this spell. When I hear people who has actually used this succsessfully they talk about 2-3 times they saw it do what its supposed to do. If you can use a spell successfully only 2-3 times in 15 levels, that just doesnt cut it. How many times have you actually seen (in log) this spell save a tank from dying? Not how many times you have cast it. If you can use this spell regularly with a decent degree of success then I must say I am impressed. I can not, and by the looks of it, neither can a lot of other people.

"1 - Blackqueen: impairment that make u die f u re low in mana."

In this case you should actually not use HG, as I already explained. You use more power then if you used 54 HoT. It can help keep power up on tank though, which seems like the only reason I can come up with where this spell can have any use. That is EXTREMELY situational though (raid only in all practicality and only on a very limited numer of raids) and IMO the job of other classes.
  4. ARCHIVED-DionysosTomas Guest

Are u really reading me ?

VBecause it seems that u have seen some words of the tecxt and then u quote parts of it.

Tunare Watch : used with real effect at least 500 times.
    HG = POWER REGEN : if a guy is low in mana when they fight blackqueen they dont need a HP regen, they need the POWER part. And who cares about our level 54 regen he does not provide POWER.

Simple equation : Low in Mana = INSTA DEATH. ANd u can do what ever u want but u will die anyway if noone is able to provide you more mana ( and mostly it s the tank who will loose most mana)

So if u prefer to use Chloroplast on the tank that is your problem, but if all the regen power on the tank are not enough he gionna die anyway EVEN WITH more than 10k HP and full HP at this instant.

Tomas
  5. ARCHIVED-Formangenavn Guest

You gave me 2 reasons for using HG. There is only one: A limited power feed to tank. Wether that power is used to taunt, use combat abilities or just to avoid death, it's still just one use for HG, but I actually think we agree on this.
    I am happy for you that you can find a real use for Tunare's Watch though, if only other Wardens could use this spell also :smileysad:
  6. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

Please don't ask for a change to our AA lines. The abilities need to be fixed but the lines themselves are awesome if you pick the right ones. There are some broken abilities and the focus, imo, should be getting these fixed.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sorano Guest

Actually you don' t die because you are low on power. The spell the Blackqueen casts is Curse of Insanity. It has nothing to do with you power levels but rather with how many spells you cast. It just happens to be that by the time you get low on power you are likely to have hit the magic number of spells cast so people mistakenly have linked the cause to power levels.
  8. ARCHIVED-Barandos Guest

Can you detail what Curse of Insanity is ? You mean that her aoe damage depend on how many spell you cast ? Never see anything special in this fight except the teleport.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

this is wrong.. it IS your power level; I know this because of the fact that I actually took the time to hover over the icon the first time I had it on me to see what it did and the effect descripiton is osmething along the lines of you go insane when you use too much power (it's been awhile since I've seen it so I can't remember the exact wording).
  10. ARCHIVED-Sorano Guest

No it's 50 spells cast. We've had our tank's head explode when he was on a half power. Tanks can cast an insane amount of taunts and CAs in very short time. You just need to slow your casting if you have curse of insanity on you.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sorano Guest

No not her AE damage. That damage you just have to joust or mitigate. It's a very specific spell called curse of insanity. The purple piper has the same spell and it will cause an incurable elemental icon to appear on everyone who is effected. Just slow your casting and make sure you MT counts the number of spells and combat arts he is casting and you will be fine.
  12. ARCHIVED-myount Guest

Hmmm, only time i have seen the MT die is when he was below half power and have his head explode. The other times i am sure our Pally MT used alot more then 50 spells/CA we just had mages feeding him power and so was I.
  13. ARCHIVED-Barandos Guest

lol thanks for advice i was wondering why sometimes our MT goes boom without anything special. Since it was not blocking us never I investigate it seriously.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sorano Guest

It really is the amount of spells cast. One time early on when we were first learning the mob, most of our DPS died on one of the AEs, and I actually ran OOP with Curse of Insanity on me. Guess what, nothing happened. We, unlike tanks are more likely to run OOP before we hit the magic number, so we don't die. Just try it next time. Given our levels now BQ is pretty trivial. Just go in there and get a tank class to count the number of spells thay had to cast before their head explodes. Fifty is a rough estimate that we have worked on. It might be slightly more but we haven't really bothered confirming exactly how many.
  15. ARCHIVED-DionysosTomas Guest

you prolly true or not :) I dont know but it s a nice possibility and a nice work from designer of this spell :) And nstrange that our tank has no problem the last time we killed her without knowing that we were just keeping him high in mana and he prolly diudnt use much spell either :)

Anyway I do think that we complain too much : we were the best of the best we are now really good healer and also a great dps when not healing and with the good stuff :). There is as usual some stuff that could be better but others that could eb worse : example our healing power , and our ratio : HP / mana cost :)

Tomas
  16. ARCHIVED-Barandos Guest

Just look at it last night and it is written that the effect goes when you are low on mana
    I didn't go low but the MT does one time (around 20%) and got killed
    I guess i have cast as much spell as him and i didn't die. Maybe i will sacrify myself next time to see if its really that :)
  17. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

If I remember right he has a mana drain for like 4k. Your tank looks like he's getting one shotted by really it's the mana drain hitting followed by curse of insanity instantly killing him. It's been a while since I killed him it's something like that.
  18. ARCHIVED-DionysosTomas Guest

Agree :) curse is back with hall of seeing and it s working liek that :)